• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Squirrels beware???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skychief

69 Cal.
Reaction score
Greetings brothers.

Haven't said much of late though I've stopped in regularly. Thinking of going squirrel hunting soon. It's been awhile, with my vision problems, since I could pick out a bushytail amongst the foliage. That's changed this week.

I had cataract removals, lens replacements and some laser assisted astigmatism re-contouring on both peepers, yesterday and the day prior.

Long story short, I received new eyeglass lenses this afternoon and haven't seen this well since I was a boy! Thanking the Good Lord that all went well with no big complications. So thankful, indeed.

Squirrels beware??? Yes, I think so. A new lease on life, and, I'm gonna make the most of it!

Wanted to drop in and say "Hey" to my friends here. Hope we all have some great hunting this year, of all years. Best of luck.

Best regards, Ol' Eagle Eyes......aka Skychief.

Greetings brothers.

Haven't said much of late though I've stopped in regularly. Thinking of going squirrel hunting soon. It's been awhile, with my vision problems, since I could pick out a bushytail amongst the foliage. That's changed this week.

I had cataract removals, lens replacements and some laser assisted astigmatism re-contouring on both peepers, yesterday and the day prior.

Long story short, I received new eyeglass lenses this afternoon and haven't seen this well since I was a boy! Thanking the Good Lord that all went well with no big complications. So thankful, indeed.

Squirrels beware??? Yes, I think so. A new lease on life, and, I'm gonna make the most of it!

Wanted to drop in and say "Hey" to my friends here. Hope we all have some great hunting this year, of all years. Best of luck.

Best regards, Ol' Eagle Eyes......aka Skychief.

My mother got her cataracts removed when she was about 75 years old. She could see better than I could and I was 40 then! Congrats on getting your eyes fixed. I could stand lasik surgery but I'm too fearful something would go wrong. I see fine with glasses and do everything I need to do without.

Enjoy your hunt. I haven't been hunting since 2010. May you bag your limit!

Sport to some but not for me they are an imported pest here in the UK known as tree rats that kill more young song birds and their eggs than magpies and jays
Feltwad

Skychief....that's great news. They can do some amazing things with eyesight now-a-days. Pretty soon, it will be like on Star Trek and they will just prescribe "Retinol 5!" :) Go get those squirrels and I'm also looking forward to seeing a picture of another of those magnum Indiana bucks you are so fond of pursuing. :thumb:

I wore glasses from the age of 6 until the age of about 70. My eye doc sent me for lens replacements because of glaucoma. These lenses have "stents" in them to relieve the pressure in my eyeballs. How wonderful the world looks without my glasses. the only downside is I keep trying to push my glasses back up on my face. What ever you do don't be afraid to have this procedure done. Skychief I'll bet it feels great to be able to continue hunting because you can see again. I am tickled pink to still be able to get out into the woods.

Great news. I had mine done about three years ago. I literally went from not being able to see a Chevy Van at 30 yards to tying for first in a rifle shoot at the first rendezvous after the operations. Welcome back to the world of the seeing. I wear shooting glasses all the time in the shop and any time I compete or am at the range now. Being blind once has made me very cautious about my eyesight now.

Good luck, and I’m glad you’re seeing better! Squirrel of one of my favorite animals to hunt. Nothing like a quiet woods with a tree they are cutting hard in.
i
I haven’t been with a ML, yet, but go out with my .22’s and .22 shorts when I get a chance.

I wonder does SQUIRELL tast like CHICKEN??
What came first....the squirrel or the chicken? ;) I would agree squirrel and rabbit are very comparable. Definitely not chicken, no matter which was here first. A pressure cooker will take care of any toughness in older squirrels, even the big ol' Fox Squirrels.

Skychief, You'll be walking in tall cotton now. Cataract surgery several years back allowed me to shed my glasses. But now I just went through retinal surgery on my dominant eye. A couple of months will be required for me to see improvement. You should now be able to see the sights, the game and about anything else. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back