• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Squirrel season coming!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 49399

54 Cal.
Reaction score
It’s just a few more days till squirrel season in Tennessee!
A5BE3242-53D1-43C0-8A3D-57C44388B0FB.jpeg

Season opened in Indiana on the 15th unfortunately we have had two officers shot in my patrol area since July 31st so been working extra to help the two agencies involved so have not been out. Plenty of time since season is in until February. Post some pics when you hunt.

September 10th here in WV, I almost get more exited about the squirrel opener than deer season anymore. Such fun chasing bushy tails in the Appalachian Mountains with a flintlock smoothbore, I can't wait. Nice looking setup you have there. Good luck!

September 10th here in WV, I almost get more exited about the squirrel opener than deer season anymore. Such fun chasing bushy tails in the Appalachian Mountains with a flintlock smoothbore, I can't wait. Nice looking setup you have there. Good luck!

Yep. Hunting squirrels with a modern gun is fun, but hunting with a flintlock smooth bore just can’t be beat.

Season opened in Indiana on the 15th unfortunately we have had two officers shot in my patrol area since July 31st so been working extra to help the two agencies involved so have not been out. Plenty of time since season is in until February. Post some pics when you hunt.
Two CO's shot?? Or two LEO's shot (ie local police or sheriff deputies)? If two Conservation Officers have been shot, please elaborate!

We have to wait till October 1st to hunt squirrels, rabbits etc…for us, aside from Archery/Blackpowder seasons…Doves season. Family Dove Hunt…just a few weeks away.

Our squirrel season opens in mid September. It's usually too hot still then so I wait until the end of the month to go out. If we get some decent cool weather I'll go out but if it's still very warm then no. Besides that, I'm not real fond of hunting while there's still a lot of foliage, bugs and spider webs in the woods.

Nothing says "wrong time to be out" more, than a face full of web with a big brown spider dangling from your nose.

I'm hoping the local squirrels will stay out of my pecan trees around the house until after season opens. The past few years, they've eaten all the pecans before season opened. Right now I'm looking for cuttings a couple of times a day.

Either way, I'm planning on doing an extreme thinning of the herd here with my ol' Navy Arms dubbel burrel 12, It's been far too long since I've used it on anything.

I used to live for the opening of squirrel season. Those little critters are the major source of my fond memories of autumn in Georgia.

Back