• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Squirrel Season 2020

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice you got out and did some hunting, I know you taxidermy guys get busy this time of year and can't even hunt. Good thing pa moved the season for you in sure there's a lot of guys liking that, here in N.Y. We only have the month before bow to do some squirrel hunting. You ever taxidermy a squirrel, I always wondered what it would cost.
Thanks Troy. Yes, the busy season has started. The phone’s been ringing today. Sunday morning I’ll be skinning deer heads. I do mount squirrels. I got a black one in recently and have an albino coming too. I just mounted a gray for a little boy couple weeks ago. Jim

Here’s a fox squirrel I did.
287451E1-F654-4401-82FD-4B33E530FD88.jpeg

Thanks Troy. Yes, the busy season has started. The phone’s been ringing today. Sunday morning I’ll be skinning deer heads. I do mount squirrels. I got a black one in recently and have an albino coming too. I just mounted a gray for a little boy couple weeks ago. Jim
Nice, ya I've always wanted to have one done, maybe a black squirrel there kinda rare in my hunting area. I seen a nice albino last year driving, first one I've seen. Hope you stay busy, but not to much so you can hunt to.

I made pulled squirrel sandwiches for supper tonight. I cooked 4 squirrels all day on low in the crockpot, pulled it off the bones, added barbecue sauce and heated it back up. I saw this on YouTube and the guy put cole slaw on it. I tried that but didn’t like it. The pulled squirrel was excellent. I’ll be eating squirrel samiches in the shop this week.
AB6968B0-1A19-4BBA-AFFC-07C305F346C9.jpeg
4E614D47-DD34-4096-AA93-146995A77C79.jpeg
B9EAE789-1F25-4C9C-926C-F9BB85201A6E.jpeg
AB6968B0-1A19-4BBA-AFFC-07C305F346C9.jpeg
4E614D47-DD34-4096-AA93-146995A77C79.jpeg
B9EAE789-1F25-4C9C-926C-F9BB85201A6E.jpeg

I have a large fox squirrel that was mounted decades ago in Georgia. Not a good photo but the size is obvious.

4fd9c88d-3e56-40ea-837a-f8e416f47111-zpsrc7diicj.jpg
That is a big one. I was in Georgia this spring turkey hunting. We saw 2 fox squirrels that were all black with the white nose and ears. I would love to make a trip down there to hunt them. But being a taxidermist, i cant go anywhere in the fall. Sigh

Jim, I've seen black, silver, "standard" and one kinda "mixed" during my fox squirrel hunting career. I love them and they're beautiful and fun to watch. That's one of the two main things I miss about Georgia.

Jim, I've seen black, silver, "standard" and one kinda "mixed" during my fox squirrel hunting career. I love them and they're beautiful and fun to watch. That's one of the two main things I miss about Georgia.
Here’s some southern fox squirrels i did from N Carolina except the top one of the double is a PA squirrel. I saw the silver ones too in Georgia. Cool squirrels!
AE959AA1-0197-4478-9452-C0A1F5ECD386.jpeg
61F9BCB4-268E-4589-8A65-E8BC5FA464F0.jpeg

I live in central Indiana and have a few pockets of Greys but mostly Fox Squirrels. I prefer the little Greys and try to shoot a couple each year. A small town east of me, Alexandria Indiana, is well known locally for black squirrels. Very few squirrel hunters around and in most woods they are as thick as flies.

We have greys, and fox squirrels in my neck of the woods, sometimes there is a black or white one that will show up, I watched a coal black one the last two years while deer hunting so I go back with the .32 and guess what Mr. black did not show up, you will have color variations in squirrels some times kind of like a piebald deer but it is rare here. Also the fox squirrels like to be near water for some reason.

Back