• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Squirrel hunts over the weekend

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodsnwater

40 Cal
Reaction score
I was having a hard time seeing my sights as usual and missed some easy shots. Readers helped to see the sights but blurred the squirrels so bad I put them up. So I painted the front sight white and the rear black and it helped A LOT! I went 3 for 4 yesterday.
D35C9403-CD3F-4439-BD16-49A825373354.jpeg

What caliber is your rifle and what load are you using?

I'm getting a late start this year. Sold my tried and true
40 cal. squirrel rifle last year to fund the custom rifle I had built. Shot a good bit last spring with my new rifle but just haven't settled on a load with this little .32 . I'm gonna work a bit with it this week then get out when the season opens back up in a couple weeks. Need to kill some squirrels with my new one.

It's a .32. The spout on my hunting flask throws 18-19 grains so that's what I use. It's accurate, maybe not the best load but it's what I'm using this year. It tears the meat up pretty good but so did 15 grains out of my crockett last year.

Latest posts

Back