Squirrel hunters

Discussion in 'Accoutrements' started by Gene L, Mar 2, 2019.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

1. Mar 12, 2019 #61

Steve Milbocker

Steve Milbocker

Steve Milbocker

32 Cal

I live in SW lower Michigan and we have an abundance of squirrels. I just bought a 32 cal Southern mt. flintlock. Hopefully that will motivate me to start hunting them again by mid Sept.I haven't hunted squirrels since my youth but I can't think of anything more enjoyable to hunt on a beautiful Fall day. No closed season here on reds and there is no shortage of them!

smo and Carbon 6 like this.
  2. Mar 13, 2019 #62

Rocklocks Only

Rocklocks Only

Rocklocks Only

32 Cal

I love shooting those squirrels! I have a .40 Rupp long rifle that was made for me by Ron Lickenbill and that swamped Rice barrel is a tack driver. I practice on Skoal can kids which I figure is about the size of a squirrels head. When I bring ‘em home I clean them up and my wife will summer them in a crockpot full of spaghetti sauce and the everybody gets a carcass and spaghetti on the side!! Yum yum.

3. Mar 14, 2019 at 1:08 AM #63

Bledfor Days

Bledfor Days

Bledfor Days

32 Cal

Reds are the native species up here in BC and are protected. The eastern grays are the invasive species and it's open season on them. Nobody hunts them so they're everywhere. That's about to change hehe.

Rocklocks Only likes this.
  4. Mar 15, 2019 at 11:36 PM #64

bushytail

bushytail

bushytail

36 Cl.

These are a few I got a couple of years ago. Some reds/pine squirrels, some grays and a white one with just a touch of gray streaks on him. All taken with my 58 cal/24 ga trade gun. downsized_1215121554.jpg 1022121512b.jpg downsized_1116131518.jpg