• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Sprue orientation

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes,,,,, But.......

After you have been here awhile you will find that many people do not read the posts after the OP's question including those from the OP.

As a result, many times the OP has received his answered question or has removed his stuck ball/nipple whatever and yet......... people are still giving him advise or asking him questions (post pictures etc.). And the question has been asked and answered many times on other threads (what lube/ramrod/etc. etc.).

To say that some of us expect/hope others would take the time to read instead of hitting the reply button like it's the button on jeopardy is being pissy..... well,, who's being pissy?

Lighten up, we are all enjoying this great sport even though there are many paths to the enjoyment. You got your feelings hurt, now go find that search button and it is amazing the stuff you will find.

Trying to help.
I think I’ll use the “ignore” button instead.

I haven’t been able to tell any difference but most of my shooting is at 50 yards or less. I place the sprue up so that I can see it. What I have found to be important to consistent accuracy is loading everything the same way every time. If you like sprue up, then go up every time. Same for patches, lube, powder measure, priming, shooting position, etc.
100% this. Spot on.
Walkaheap

Yes,,,,, But.......

After you have been here awhile you will find that many people do not read the posts after the OP's question including those from the OP.

As a result, many times the OP has received his answered question or has removed his stuck ball/nipple whatever and yet......... people are still giving him advise or asking him questions (post pictures etc.). And the question has been asked and answered many times on other threads (what lube/ramrod/etc. etc.).

To say that some of us expect/hope others would take the time to read instead of hitting the reply button like it's the button on jeopardy is being edited..... well,, who's being...edited..., ?

Lighten up, we are all enjoying this great sport even though there are many paths to the enjoyment. You got your feelings hurt, now go find that search button and it is amazing the stuff you will find.

What you have expressed has been said so many times over the years.

Thank you.

Some folks do not want to put forth the effort to learn by actually going out and shooting.

Yes,,,,, But.......

To say that some of us expect/hope others would take the time to read instead of hitting the reply button like it's the button on jeopardy is being edited..... well,, who's being...edited..., ?

Trying to help.
There's a simple solution for people who get annoyed by seeing things discussed ad infinatum and repeated questions. It's called "Don't read it!" That way you won't feel the need to make snide remarks about it.

I have been on some forums where if you ask a question and haven’t used the search function prior…well they basically “tear you a new one“.

I not only consider using the search function prior to posting to be common courtesy but you also get your question answered quickly.

But…whatever, I’m easy.

To answer the OP's question, I load sprue up (or try to).

To the subduscussion I'll add my thoughts. As has been stated previously new foum members are added daily. I was new not long ago. Yes, they ask questions that have been asked before. Should they use the search function? Yes - but consider this - sometimes we don't think to do that. Also, maybe they just want to engage the members and talk about muzzleloading. I'm in education. Some students don't know the best way to search - or they have searched and didn't find the sort of discussion they were looking for.
Every year with a new crop of students I get to answer the same questions. It's the nature of things. I have to be careful of myself - after a period of time we subconsciously think people should be born with the information we have. How can they not know this?
I'll leave this thought - we had a thread not long ago addressing how to keep our sport alive. When we have new members here maybe we should take a deep breath and welcome them - and their questions. They'll learn and stay instead of leave the forum and possibly the sport.

Last edited:
To answer the OP's question, I load sprue up (or try to).

To the subduscussion I'll add my thoughts. As has been stated previously new foum members are added daily. I was new not long ago. Yes, they ask questions that have been asked before. Should they use the search function? Yes - but consider this - sometimes we don't think to do that. Also, maybe they just want to engage the members and talk about muzzleloading. I'm in education. Some students don't know the best way to search - or they have searched and didn't find the sort of discussion they were looking for.
Every year with a new crop of students I get to answer the same questions. It's the nature of things. I have to be careful of myself - after a period of time we subconsciously think people should be born with the information we have. How can they not know this?
I'll leave this thought - we had a thread not long ago addressing how to keep our sport alive. When we have new members here maybe we should take a deep breath and welcome them - and their questions. They'll learn and stay instead of leave the forum and possibly the sport.
Excellent summary.

Pay no attention to the people who are impatient with repeated discussions of muzzleloading information. There will always be a lot of the same questions and discussions on any kind of forum, because there are always people coming onto the forum as well as people leaving. Remember: there is no personality test to become a member of the Traditional Muzzleloading Forum!
It there was a "personality " test, there would be no forum!!! LOL ; ) :thumb:

Yes,,,,, But.......

What you have expressed has been said so many times over the years.

Thank you.

Some folks do not want to put forth the effort to learn by actually going out and shooting.
Life is short and there is nothing on the forum that will change your life one way or the other, just people's opinions and experiences shared with others. You read and decide what you like or not. Simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back