• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Spring woods walk at Friendship

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Wow - forgot to talk about the forum woods walk! Sorry!

How about we meet first Sunday of the shoot at noon at the woods walk checkin station.

Leave a message here is you are attending.

My health is kinda manure still so if it is too hot, I probably pass on doing the woods walk, but will be there to help get things going.

Barry

Wow - forgot to talk about the forum woods walk! Sorry!

How about we meet first Sunday of the shoot at noon at the woods walk checkin station.

Leave a message here is you are attending.

My health is kinda manure still so if it is too hot, I probably pass on doing the woods walk, but will be there to help get things going.

Barry
Hello Barry. I hope you get to feeling better. I plan on shooting the woodswalk. Hope to see you then.

So I have a question. I plan on going to Friendship for the first time this spring. Do I understand correctly that you have to be a NMLRA member to be able to shoot? Witch is $50. Then you have to register to shoot for the spring event witch is another $50?

So I have a question. I plan on going to Friendship for the first time this spring. Do I understand correctly that you have to be a NMLRA member to be able to shoot? Witch is $50. Then you have to register to shoot for the spring event witch is another $50?
Yes - that is true but you can get a digital membership for $35.00

Barry

Yes - that is true but you can get a digital membership for $35.00

Barry
We’ll that’s a bit of a bummer!! I was hoping to just pay $50 to participate in the shooting events. Mostly the woods walk. Just last night was re reading info about the event and was bummed that it would be another $35-50 for membership fees!

We’ll that’s a bit of a bummer!! I was hoping to just pay $50 to participate in the shooting events. Mostly the woods walk. Just last night was re reading info about the event and was bummed that it would be another $35-50 for membership fees!
I would be happy to gift you an online membership. Let me know.

I'll try and make it Barry. I will be there in the primitive. It'll just depend on if I'm finished setting up camp in time.

Jack

When you get to the woods walk you should notice total make over to the woods walk range. It is a popular shooting event and we wanted to improve it and make it safer to use by our members.

Last year we bought new sets of silhouette targets for the round ball matches and some of the old targets were repurposed for the woods walk.

Quite a bit of work has been done on the shooting lanes and targets.

The woods walk trail is now crushed rock and will not be slippery when it is wet.

The stairs area has been cut back a little with new safer stairs.

Gravel parking area with walkway to the range.

The shack for the volunteers has been replaced with a new building that has a porch and electricity.

So get out and enjoy it.

Fleener

When you get to the woods walk you should notice total make over to the woods walk range. It is a popular shooting event and we wanted to improve it and make it safer to use by our members.

Last year we bought new sets of silhouette targets for the round ball matches and some of the old targets were repurposed for the woods walk.

Quite a bit of work has been done on the shooting lanes and targets.

The woods walk trail is now crushed rock and will not be slippery when it is wet.

The stairs area has been cut back a little with new safer stairs.

Gravel parking area with walkway to the range.

The shack for the volunteers has been replaced with a new building that has a porch and electricity.

So get out and enjoy it.

Fleener
Thanks Fleener that's great to know!

So the Permitive camping area. Do you have to be in pre-1840s character? I was going to bring my Civil War a frame tent. I have clothing from my Civil War reenacting days. But I don’t know that the boys would have any clothing appropriate to the time frame. If you are supposed to be pre-1840s character in the primitive area how big of sticklers are they?

I read that you can get a “trial membership” for $25 that is good for 6 months.

So the Permitive camping area. Do you have to be in pre-1840s character? I was going to bring my Civil War a frame tent. I have clothing from my Civil War reenacting days. But I don’t know that the boys would have any clothing appropriate to the time frame. If you are supposed to be pre-1840s character in the primitive area how big of sticklers are they?
Loja man, Your A frame tent is fine, those wedge tents go back to the French and Indian war.
They're not sticklers but they do want all modern things in your camp covered up out of sight. Just use blankets or burlap sacks to cover up things like coolers and water jugs.
The only rules for clothes I'm aware of are for certain Matches/Aggregates at the Primitive range. Some specify you must be in pre 1840s garb. In camp it might be a rule, but nobody is policing it. Your Civil war garb will be fine. I dress in PC clothes mainly when I go to shoot at the Primitive range. If I'm heading over to the offhand range I change back into shorts and a T shirt.
Kids, I see some wearing the PC clothes and some not, my son wears a PC shirt and a hat and sneakers. Everyone is just happy to see the kids there and having fun!

Just come and enjoy it!

If you still have some concerns or questions you can contact the Primitive Chair:
Steven Kleiner <[email protected]>
(513) 312-8159

We have a local outdoor store that usually has some caps in stock. Any of you all want me to check availability before I come?

Back