• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Spring vice

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enfield

40 Cal
Reaction score
One of the few disadvantages of the Ruggles guns and lots of other guns is the fact , that lots of residues from the priming enter the action / lock . Therefore it is necessary to clean this from time to time , in my case once a month after about 200 shots ( I like to have my guns clean ! ) . For this reason , today I've made a goodie , which I wanted for long - a spring vice for easening disassembly . I made mine from some scrap brass and cold hammered it after filing . What makes shot shells brittle and hard should also do with my vice ,
35-jpg.26601
36-jpg.26602
where some stiffness is needed to prevent warp when handling some stiff springs . The use of brass should also prevent scratches on spring / frame .

If You should like to see more of my tinkerings , please feel free to have a look at my topic " Ruggles patent underhammer pistol "

Fivth day of my corona - isolation : Today , I built a combination screwdriver/nipple wrench , made fom some boxwood , brass and steel , hardened and tempered free hand . Enjoy !

37.jpg
38.jpg
39.jpg

Back