• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

WANTED Spring for Irish shot charger

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I need a replacement spring for an Irish shot charger. This is the spring that holds the shot cup in the charger. Anyone have an idea where to find one?

This is a shot snake made years ago by the leatherman. I’m not sure who manufactured the head. I can reach out to Gary and ask. No, I don’t know the measurements of the original spring. In my ignorance I thought they might all be the same.

This is a shot snake made years ago by the leatherman. I’m not sure who manufactured the head. I can reach out to Gary and ask. No, I don’t know the measurements of the original spring. In my ignorance I thought they might all be the same.
SciAggie:
If you have a Hardware store or a home improvement store near you, Like Ace Tru-Value ( my preferred), Home Depot or Lowes, go there. They generally have a large selection of smaller springs in their hardware (nuts, bolts, screws etc.) section. I've gotten a lot of "odd sized" small springs there for projects over the years. However...you'll need to have some idea of the size and function you require, like compression or Expansion spring, or you'll end up buying a ton of them and going with hit or miss until you get the right one. If you DO buy a bunch, save your receipt. :thumb: ;) By the way...with a good sharp pair of wire cutters you can resize the spring if it needs some "fine tuning."
I hope this helps?
God bless:
Two Feathers

Back