• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Sponge cover needed

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimjenky

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I got my "butterfly" field carriage pretty much finished just before major shoulder surgery Tursday, June 23, last week. One of my last acts was drilling the touch hole to make it operational instead of it being a large, heavy lawn ornament. I have all the accoutrements to shoot it, but the sponge head needs the wool cover. Where can I purchase some authentic lamb's wool to become the sponge cover? AND, once I have it, what is the proper way to attach it to the head?

I'd think you could cut a strip of skin (with wool attached) of the proper size to wrap around the shaft and nail it in place.

what is your bore size???...lambs wool could be hard to find....a sponge on the broomstick woks just as good, and easier to replace when it gets 'yucky'....and it will! :doh:

I had a 2-1/4" and it got dirty after 4-5 shots....stayed nasty, hard to wash~
just saying............
marc n tomtom

Latest posts

Back