• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Split the ol' board trick......

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good video. We used to have a novelty shoot where we would drive a 2x4 into the ground about 3' long. We drew a line across it with paint about 1' from the ground. You couldn't shoot above the line and try to break the board or you would be disqualified. We would shoot in teams of two, and with a dollar each entry fee and about 15 teams the first team that would cut the board in half would get the cash. The trick on wood is shoot as slow of a round as possible and still be accurate. That way it pushes and tears the wood away instead of just punching a hole in it. There was a lot of folks watching and if you were loading from the bench from behind you some other teams friends would be moving your loading stuff around. It was always exciting.
My shooting/hunting buddy and I would always drag out the .62's for this shoot.
Mike

he makes rely simple great videos! I can watch them over & over!

Good video. We used to have a novelty shoot where we would drive a 2x4 into the ground about 3' long. We drew a line across it with paint about 1' from the ground. You couldn't shoot above the line and try to break the board or you would be disqualified. We would shoot in teams of two, and with a dollar each entry fee and about 15 teams the first team that would cut the board in half would get the cash. The trick on wood is shoot as slow of a round as possible and still be accurate. That way it pushes and tears the wood away instead of just punching a hole in it. There was a lot of folks watching and if you were loading from the bench from behind you some other teams friends would be moving your loading stuff around. It was always exciting.
My shooting/hunting buddy and I would always drag out the .62's for this shoot.
Mike
Roughly how many shots did it usually take to split it ??

Back