• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Spiller & Burr

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Navy Arms/Pietta Spiller & Burr BL/1998 that is basically NIB. The cylinder pin is very tight insofar as the fit in the frame and the cylinder.

The screw on the right side of the rectangular "key" on the left side only has to do with the removal of the cylinder pin/load lever/rammer assembly.

It sounds like you have other problems.

Regards,

Jim

Any of the members that own a Piata S&B can answer this so how tight is the cylinder pin locking set up? I recently bought one from the classifieds and it seems very loose but the screw is in as tight as it can go. Also my cylinder pin is very rough, any of yours rough? It seems to me it should be smooth.
Thanks,
ThreeCrows

That screw and piece serve to retain the cylinder base pin/arbor or whatever you wish to call it. It has to be loose enough to allow you to rotate it to remove the loading lever/arbor assembly. If it were too loose it might rotate enough on it's own to allow it to turn to where you might pull the cylinder pin out while loading, more of an inconvenience than a real problem. As long as the loading lever is up and latched you can actually remove the screw and lug and shoot without it.

I'm not sure what you are asking, but if it is the rotating catch that holds the cylinder pin in place, mine is very tight. I can just barely move it with my fingers.

As for the cylinder pin(arbor?), here are some pictures of mine:
100_7000.JPG
100_7001.JPG

Latest posts

Back