• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Specific feedback on this specific anvil please.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm fixing up a couple forges, one gas, and one coal, and looking for a couple anvils. Smaller for now, bigger later. Some are WAY above my paygrade, especially the antiques so I'm looking at a more economical solution.

This size, 100 pounds would do a LOT of what I need to do for now. I'll be on the lookout though for a bigger one along the way. Knife work, tomahawk heads, and small longrifle parts are what I need to do right now.

Any feedback on THIS anvil?

View attachment 162714
You can find a couple of honest reviews on Vevor anvils on YouTube. My only suggestion would be to spend a little extra and get a cast steel anvil from them vs the cast iron.

I could be a bit more direct but this is a family oriented site, PERHAPS YOU COULD FIND A ANVIL AND WHILE YOUE AT IT NOT STEAL SOMEONE ELSES SITE NAME. Are those your knives you posted or someone elses work ? I hear theres a lot of that sort of thing going on now of days. I think if yours you would have a base knowledge of what type of anvil it takes to make such a knife. I will give you the opportunity to reply with your candor and wit, then you no longer exsist. Do have a good day.

Well, as far as my screen name, at least I know how to spell it correctly. I hope you didn't pay for your education because you got ripped off.

How's that for candor and wit.......

Yep, those are my knives, pretty little things ain't they. You're probably blue in face jealous I'd hafta guess.

Stock removal from annealed flat stock and hardened/tempered to about 58 R. You don't need to beat metal on an anvil to make a knife, but I'm going to expand to that because there's other things I need to run a forge for.

So, you're going to mash the ignore button after all then.

Bless your heart..........

21b.jpg

^^^more candor and wit in case you didn't recognize it......

Last edited:
I spelt my screen name just like I wanted it, I have a very good education, and a left wing idiot did not pay for it, your knives are nice looking, as to stock removal does not a knife maker - make, i have one or two knives done bye makers using stock removal and they are servicable,the real skill lies in proper forging, as too knives I have a couple that are made bye top A.B.S. BLADE MAKERS, I also have one or two I made thats on par with yours, ( and they were forged in a ferriers forge on a GOOD anvil ) SO NO JEALOUSY THERE. As to the ignore button nope, I am a firm believer we all have the right to express our thoughts, think I read that somewhere, I like your meme but we all know what happened to him now dont we. No ignore button you just no longer exsist, You have entered the twlight zone of over inflated egos.

Says "I have a very good education".

Proceeds to make quite a few more spelling and grammar errors.

You go Skippy, don't let anybody tell you that you ain't a rockstar.........

I spelt my screen name just like I wanted it, I have a very good education, and a left wing idiot did not pay for it, your knives are nice looking, as to stock removal does not a knife maker - make, i have one or two knives done bye makers using stock removal and they are servicable,the real skill lies in proper forging, as too knives I have a couple that are made bye top A.B.S. BLADE MAKERS, I also have one or two I made thats on par with yours, ( and they were forged in a ferriers forge on a GOOD anvil ) SO NO JEALOUSY THERE. As to the ignore button nope, I am a firm believer we all have the right to express our thoughts, think I read that somewhere, I like your meme but we all know what happened to him now dont we. No ignore button you just no longer exsist, You have entered the twlight zone of over inflated egos.
Being from Arkansas, one of the top knife making states, and the original Bowie knife, I am familiar with the forge vs. stock removal debate. The forgers say they align the grain for a better blade. The removal guys say the grain is already properly aligned and forging destroys that. I am not an expert and have no opinion either way. I do know several removal makers who create very beautiful and durable knives. I've met makers from both schools of thought and am sure there will never be agreement on this issue.

You could consider joining a blacksmiths group. Like the New England Blacksmiths ( New England Blacksmiths ). At every meet I've seen at least one anvil priced well below the going market rate. And you will meet a friendly group of people willing to share their knowledge. Many of them are professional smiths who will demonstrate techniques for you at a meet. I was at their fall meet yesterday and watched a professional knife maker demonstrate how to make a pair of titanium tongs (wonderful lightweight tongs, but I don't have the $400.00 to buy a pair and my ticket wasn't pulled in the silent auction after supper. I'll eventually try making a pair.) Good luck on your knife making journey! And look up the TPAAAT ( Thomas Powers Applied Anvil Acquisition Technique. ) at I Forge Iron . Their website will keep you reading for weeks.

Being from Arkansas, one of the top knife making states, and the original Bowie knife, I am familiar with the forge vs. stock removal debate. The forgers say they align the grain for a better blade. The removal guys say the grain is already properly aligned and forging destroys that. I am not an expert and have no opinion either way. I do know several removal makers who create very beautiful and durable knives. I've met makers from both schools of thought and am sure there will never be agreement on this issue.

Exactly. I never said one method was better than the other, or said I knew it all about knife making. I've done what could over the years with what I've had and turned out some pretty good knives that I've sold for $250 (smaller) to $350 (larger), and a bunch I've just given away, and have had zero complaints. So I'm gonna let that stand for something.
I did say I wanted to expand into forging, and not just for knives. Knives infact, aren't even my primary concern with the forges and the anvils. So there's that. Context is everything, and too many here just miss it by a mile because they cant help but flaunt their "expertise".
Thank you Rifleman1776 for the civil response......

Then you should know the answer of your question already regarding the anvil in question………
This discussion has obviously gone past you. At the last relevance we were talking about hard facing a cast iron anvil to make it serviceable. Any useful input on that?

I'm guessing no........

Latest posts

Back