• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Speaking of Fred [game warden]

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In my previous post {Honey, don't shoot!] I mentioned Fred. I had always assumed that he knew where the deer were In our area. Wrong. He called one evening and asked if I could help him find a deer. We had been very successful each year and it was well known in our small community. He was off duty until noon the next day. I agreed, picked him up about 45 minutes before sunrise. We drove to my favorite location. I told him to go up a trail and at the top of the ridge he would find a large fallen tree. I instructed him to get behind it and watch a trail coming up from the ravine that led to the ridge. I gave him about 20 minutes and then began going up that ravine and was not very quiet. I had my .50 caliber Great Plains rifle hoping to get a shot myself. But I had not gone 50 yards when I heard a single shot … then quiet. Fred was a good shot so I started directly toward his location. When I got there he had gutted the four point Mulie. So we carried it to my van and headed home.. there's more: When I picked him up his wife was making cinnamon rolls. Kiddingly I told her we would be back by 9:30 so have the rolls and coffee ready. She was in total disbelief when we came in and sat down at the kitchen table. Man, those were good cinnamon rolls. Polecat

Back