• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Spark problems

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know the flint is a little long in the pic, but I think I figured out that it is the first gen thompson hammer which was problematic.

Attachments

• 20220914_193035.jpg
    20220914_193035.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
A while back I was checking the spark on my Early Plains Rifle. Shot a quick 9 second video, went back and looked it over frame by frame. Picked two and made images

1E2EAF67-F502-4DA5-8AB3-833E5D610E18.jpeg

Use lower light conditions, so you will see the sparks better, and shoot from the side

CC32482E-67E4-4F3D-A487-6634E7E719C9.jpeg

Try different orientations of the flint, check that the flint is square with the frizzen and the edge is sharp.

If you have everything as it should be, and still no speaking…You may need to re-harden your frizzen…or try to locate a new frizzen for that make/model of lock

Back