• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED Spare cylinders

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vikingsword

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I have done a ton of looking at every site that's come to mind and basically struck out finding spare cylinders for bp revolvers! The conversion cylinders are offered everywhere, but not the cap and ball cylinders. I'm talking about 1860 Army, 3rd model dragoon, 1858 Remington. Can anyone help me out and lead me in the right direction? Many thanks, Wes

I have done a ton of looking at every site that's come to mind and basically struck out finding spare cylinders for bp revolvers! The conversion cylinders are offered everywhere, but not the cap and ball cylinders. I'm talking about 1860 Army, 3rd model dragoon, 1858 Remington. Can anyone help me out and lead me in the right direction? Many thanks, Wes
Uberti? Pietta? Originals? Some other manufacturer?

You also need to edit from "For Sale" to "Wanted". Thought you were selling them.........

Most of the time the cylinder has to be fitted to the revolver, so you have to send the revolver in so the manufacturer can fit it.

I’ve interchanged 3 different cylinders between two different Pietta built 1858s. One from each gun and one a spare Pietta as sold by Cabellas. One revolver is a recent Sheriffs model shorter barrel and the other is an old Navy Arms kit gun. I think I got lucky with the Navy Arms one though.

Most of the time the cylinder has to be fitted to the revolver, so you have to send the revolver in so the manufacturer can fit it.

I have 2 Pietta Remingtons made within the last 3 years, one new spare cylinder from Cabela's and a Taylor's conversion cylinder. I can play musical cylinders and all 4 interchange, time and lock up equally tight with no fitting.

Back