• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Spanish Miquelet De Erraduras

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another close looks at the buttplate it looks like
(CLAUDIO)--(DANQUIN)--(EN.CADIZ)--thanks again

Does any one have a copy of HEER DER NEUE STOCKEL? Maybe there is a listing for a CLAUDIO DANQUIN in CADIZ Spain.

I agree with Dave Person about the barrel maker.

Thank you again!! These additional photos are great. I can see where the face plate has been dove tailed in the frizzen. The only locks I've have seen/own that have a separate face plate are Balkan/Turkish type locks. They use a tiny set screw on the outside of the frizzen. This is the first one I've seen dove tailed. Actually, this lock seems quite an advancement considering it was made in the 3rd quarter of the 17th Century.
The Brass insert in the pan: Does it appear that was made at the time of the lock? Or a period repair? Wonderful lock. Thanks again for Posting and the additional pics. :hatsoff: Rick.

Hi Charles. It was a pleasure posting the photos for you. Anytime.
Of course, you can always send the gun to me for further study and evaluation. Shouldn't take me more than a couple years. :haha:
This has been a fun Thread. Glad Charles could find out some information on this wonderful and interesting gun.
Dave: Thanks again for the I.D. on my pistol.
Appears I received as much from this Thread as Charles did. :grin: Rick.

DSC_0088Medium.jpg

DSC_0087Medium.jpg

This is a very interesting lock from several standpoints”¦. I would say while the traditional flavor of the Miqulet lock is there I see some French influence in it also”¦ the use of a reinforced cock with European screw, the rounded frizzen with no lines cut on the face and a clipped top edge that we see on French musket frizzens”¦. I like the Catalan stock this is a very fine and well made piece.

Back