• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Southgate rifle owners?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skychief

69 Cal.
Reaction score
Any Southgate rifle owners here?

I shot a percussion Southgate today. I've owned it for years but have never really shot it much.

After today's session, I look forward to shooting it much more often.

It's a 40 and is graceful and accurate.

Are there any other Southgate owners/shooters here?

Best regards, Skychief

I had what I believe was a southgate. Very plain rifle that appeared to be cobbled from parts. A back action lock and round barrel about 32 inches long. Looked like a 1950 amateur beginner gun. Also about 38 or 40 caliber. Top of barrel was stamped "Southgate" in cursive letters. I don't recall the initials that preceeded Southgate. Lost the gun when my shop burned.

I have a Southgate flintlock and barrel, but not a complete rifle. Strangely enough, some years back I was given a stack of MUZZLE BLAST magazines addressed to R.E. Southgate. Don't know how the guy who gave them to me wound up with them.

Back