• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Southern Vermont Biathalon Woodswalk

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to the weather channel...looks like high 20's to low 30's and partly cloudy. As long as the wind doesn't show up, I might stand a chance of hittin' something :)

What a great time we had this am on the woods walk and shooting competitions. These folks put on a great event. Other than a broken ramrod all went well. Ill be going back next year!

Attachments

• media-1676142388643-Feb_11_2023_12_41_PM.jpg
    media-1676142388643-Feb_11_2023_12_41_PM.jpg
    804 KB · Views: 0
Had a good time doing the woods walk. Nice friendly folks. Ruined my perfect score of zero on the last stop by actually hitting the target. 3 misfires...one on the 1st stop and 2 for the poker shoot. Good day none the less though. Thanks to all who put the work in to make it happen.

I attended and had a great day! I shot the woods walk with my 10 yr old grandson. He shot his BB gun and practiced safe gun handling. I can’t be prouder. He wants to shoot next year, and I promised to cut down the stock on one of my percussion Traditions .50 and practice this summer.
Great place, great people!
On the woods walk the strap on my powder horn broke, I never noticed it’s loss, before I reached the first target somebody ran up behind us asking if we had lost a powder horn!
Unbelievable! Probably would not have happened in a lot of other places.

Attachments

• EF7D84AE-1C23-4DA9-B584-F2FE646FB76F.jpeg
    EF7D84AE-1C23-4DA9-B584-F2FE646FB76F.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
I had an absolute blast. Everyone was so helpful and welcoming. Meeting so many new folks was the highlight of my day.
I attended and had a great day! I shot the woods walk with my 10 yr old grandson. He shot his BB gun and practiced safe gun handling. I can’t be prouder. He wants to shoot next year, and I promised to cut down the stock on one of my percussion Traditions .50 and practice this summer.
Great place, great people!
On the woods walk the strap on my powder horn broke, I never noticed it’s loss, before I reached the first target somebody ran up behind us asking if we had lost a powder horn!
Unbelievable! Probably would not have happened in a lot of other places.
@rusticbob It was great meeting you, Leo, @rich pierce , and Larry today. I finally got my card straightened out, and my rifle decided it wanted to shoot at the last station as well. Overall, a fantastic day!

And here is young Josh. You've read of him before on the Gun Builders Forum. He is legally blind but made a rifle with Dave Person guiding his hands and his mind. Josh is sharp, as he had a table of horns and accessories he hade setup next to my sales table.

He was having an issue putting his new snowshoe bindings on his shoes, so I guided him. By taking his hands, I had him feel the wrapping around the large opening in the s-shoes where the nose of your foot can rotate into. Using that hole as the guide, I took his fingers and placed them at the various positions where the straps needed to be bound in place. Then I let him at it, with his rawhide laces, wet of course. He did fantastic! I sure couldn't have done such a job with my eyes closed ... that's for sure!

He was cold that day, so I gave him a short, but thick wool coat to wear ... and to have forever ... for we must pass this tradition onto the youth.

EC0955EA-FA48-4104-9B07-FEBEACBCDEFD.jpeg

Last edited:
And here is young Josh. You've read of him before on the Gun Builders Forum. He is legally blind but made a rifle with Dave Person guiding his hands and his mind. Josh is sharp, as he had a table of horns and accessories he hade setup next to my sales table.

He was having an issue putting his new snowshoe bindings on his shoes, so I guided him. By taking his hands, I had him feel the wrapping around the large opening in the s-shoes where the nose of your foot can rotate into. Using that hole as the guide, I took his fingers and placed them at the various positions where the straps needed to be bound in place. Then I let him at it, with his rawhide laces, wet of course. He did fantastic! I sure couldn't have done such a job with my eyes closed ... that's for sure!

He was cold that day, so I gave him a short, but thick wool coat to wear ... and to have forever ... for we must pass this tradition onto the youth.

View attachment 198202
I really enjoyed meeting and speaking with Josh. I’m happy to have picked up one of his day horns.

... only wish I had shot better. Still getting the hang of shooting a flint lock. Follow thru seems to be my problem.
Here's but one way you can miss ... peeking ... picking your head up off the stock to see if you hit the gong or paper target with a muzzleloader is an A-1 guaranteed miss!

Get all your focus on that front sight all the way through the shot and into the recoil and follow-through ...

Miss.jpg

Latest posts

Back