• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Southern Vermont Biathalon Woodswalk

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's but one way you can miss ... peeking ... picking your head up off the stock to see if you hit the gong or paper target with a muzzleloader is an A-1 guaranteed miss!

Get all your focus on that front sight all the way through the shot and into the recoil and follow-through ...

View attachment 198240
I'm pretty sure that is what I am doing. I'm lifting my head off the stock at the pull of the trigger. I'll be working on my technique, and promise to do better next year.

Being pre-paid saves you $5 and helps reduct both the registration process time and make the line at the Registration/Sign-In Shack go faster!
Got it, but at this point I better not try to mail a check, it probably won’t make it by Saturday. I got the pre pay/ register email to late. Like Rich said I can fill it all out and move things along. Looking forward to another fun weekend

On the woods walk the strap on my powder horn broke, I never noticed it’s loss, before I reached the first target somebody ran up behind us asking if we had lost a powder horn!
Unbelievable! Probably would not have happened in a lot of other places.

Hey, I remember that happening too -- it was either Ron or Chuck who was with me and ran up to you after I'd found it on the trail. But hey, I was born a "Lynn kid" -- and if it had been your wallet...............

Looking forward to it again this year! Where else can I wear my Yank Sergeant uniform and carry my late father's original 1864 Mansfield & Lamb cavalry saber?

Old No7

ps: Last year, another attendee handed me these 2 Colts and asked me to...

"Pose at one of the guys that Josey Wales shot"...

Attachments

• 04 med.jpg
    04 med.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 0
So I heard there is no snow this year, so snow shoes are not needed. Is that the truth?
If 'racing' ... the typical rule is that you have to carry them across your back or with you.

One young VT kid, who ran like a freakin' GAZELLE ... had long Alaskan models, narrow but 4-5' long, and he had them across his back and whilst running they slid down to where they were straight out to the sides ... he got too close to a tree and the s'shoe caught the trunk and he did a Flying Walenda right in front of a few of us.

Oh, prepare for mud, they had to put pallets out in a few wet places ...

They had this on their Facebook page:

"Hope everyone is getting excited for this weekend! We sure are!! There is little to no snow on our course, but don't let that deter you. We will hold the Biathlon on foot this year, no snowshoes required!! We have muzzle loader raffles, and door prizes galore!! Looking forward to seeing you all!!"

Another good couple days at the primitive shoot in Southern VT. Weather was good! Better than my shooting 😆

Attachments

• IMG_1376.jpg
    IMG_1376.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1378.jpg
    IMG_1378.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1367.jpg
    IMG_1367.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1359.jpg
    IMG_1359.jpg