• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Southern Vermont Biathalon Woodswalk

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This will be my 18th year or so …

Remember, there are more events than just a Woodswalk. They also race the course as a biathlon, plus the Absolute Marksman (accuracy, rifle & smoothbore), 5-Card Draw Poker and King of the Hill (speed shooting) contests.

Hotels are iffy, due to closings, if you need any assistance/advice, just PM me.

Are snowshoes required or is the course manageable with boots? I've never shot anything like this in my life, and it certainly is something I would like to check out?

Are snowshoes required or is the course manageable with boots?
It is the BEST Winter MZL Event going in the Northeast, at least IMHO! Besides the shooting events, the door prizes, people, gawking at interesting, oddball and cool MZL arms, plus the socialization and comraderie is well worth attending, even if not shooting!

Snowshoes are needed to race/run the biathlon, but boots are fine for the Woodswalk. Yet last year the snow was sooooo slippery that snowshoes actually would have made for easier walking.

FYI, I’ll have a table setup selling stuff, including 3-4 pair of snowshoes. There are usually a few tables of things for sale.

@Flint62Smoothie Thank you!

I've never walked an inch on snow shoes, so not sure If I would want to try that or not. But the woods walk once or twice for sure. But I have my .62cal fowler begging to be shot right now so maybe I'll try and shoot up for the day on Saturday! Going to put it in the calendar for sure!

I’ve been a couple times with some of my daughters and it’s a great time. Everyone I’ve crossed paths with there has been friendly. We just walk the course in snowshoes and shoot for the fun of it.

Going to put it in the calendar for sure!
Please stop by & say hello! One can’t usually miss me with the Badger fur hat.

18C32CE4-63BE-4EAB-8EC3-5FD259F27BE8.jpeg

I am trying to convince my wife as we speak. Lol. We used to go to Manchester every year until VT shunned us. I miss the ye old tavern experience. We are on a hog trip the weekend before so this is going to be a tough sell.

I am trying to convince my wife as we speak. Lol. We used to go to Manchester every year until VT shunned us. I miss the ye old tavern experience. We are on a hog trip the weekend before so this is going to be a tough sell.
I had dinner on New Years Eve at Ye Olde Tavern. Great food, but new owners.

Should be plenty of hotels/motels. They cater to the skiers.

I can barely walk on snowshoes, I'm certainly not going to try running.

Latest posts

Back