• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Southern California

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It has been a while since anyone posted on California so here goes.

I live in Orange County and frequent Prado quite often. Only 50 meters, but it beats driving further. A lot of the ranges have closed around here.

I would be interested in getting connected to those interested in getting together to shoot. Please send me a PM.

Hello there
I’m new here and also looking for people to shoot with
I live in Victorville but that’s fairly close to Prada
I just got a CVA flintlock rifle and have owned a CVA Kentucky pistol since high school

Check out dsertmarksman just south of Palmdale in los angles national forest . Standard range 600 yards and a one thousand yard range once a month. First Sunday of the month muzzleloader meet 40 60 80 100 yards. Open to the public,sept is pistol cap and ball. I will be in Wyoming on a antelope hunt .once back if you get with me pm we can go and I will show you around. Muzzleloader - pistol-tactical- and shotgun small rifle range. Anyone else wants to come and enjoy feel free to pm me.

It has been a while since anyone posted on California so here goes.

I live in Orange County and frequent Prado quite often. Only 50 meters, but it beats driving further. A lot of the ranges have closed around here.

I would be interested in getting connected to those interested in getting together to shoot. Please send me a PM.

There is about 20 or so clubs in California. If you send a note to the NMLRA, they will send them to you and ask for the contact information for Michael Bush. He is the State Coordinator..

Hello there
I’m new here and also looking for people to shoot with
I live in Victorville but that’s fairly close to Prada
I just got a CVA flintlock rifle and have owned a CVA Kentucky pistol since high school
Desertmarksmen.org private club only $60.00 a year membership, also open to the public during matches, can't go wrong if you live in or near the Antelope Valley. Muzzle loading matches 1st Sunday of the month, 9am
Happy Shooting!

The orig post here is 10 years old! I wonder if he ever found a shooting partner. Anyway Im from the OC/RC area and can be someones huckleberry at times.

Unfortunately Prado rifle range is closed for general public now. It's used for LE training. Shotgun and pistol is open.

I have heard of a range that's nice to go to on week days called Route 66. In the IE.

I shoot regularly at Rainbow, a small private range just outside of Temecula. About 15 minutes south of Temecula is the Pala range, up to approximately 900 yards. Here's a link: Pala Shooting Range

Best regards,
I had a membership at the Rainbow Range and Gun Club years ago; let it lapse because I was working away from home most of the time. Thought about renewing it a while back, and was told they have a long waiting list now. Anyone know if that's true?

Last edited:
I had a membership at Rainbow years ago; let it lapse because I was working away from home most of the time. I thought about renewing it a while back, and was told they have a long waiting list now. Anyone know if that's true?
Hmm... just checked out their website, and it said there's no waiting list. First year membership fees are $260.00; renewals are $220.00, you're allowed to bring up to two guests, with a fee of $25.00 for each of them.

Our group is the Smokey Valley Muzzleloaders. We shoot one Sunday a month.

It's good to see that club is still active, my parents belonged through the eighties until they escaped Southern California, they and another longtime member moved to Central Oregon.

anyone shoot at the gun club off the 5 fwy at Templin, behind the mobile home community?

Back