• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Southcoast Massachusetts

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evan9201

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Any like minded people here from Southcoast MA(I’m near New Bedford) I’m also looking where to buy real blackpowder in MA or RI?

Any like minded people here from Southcoast MA(I’m near New Bedford) I’m also looking where to buy real blackpowder in MA or RI?
Head north to Winchester, NH. It is just above Northfield, MA.
Trader John's Gunshop Carrie's real black powder.
Screenshot_20210131-224607_Maps.jpg
About an hour and 35 minutes from Bedford, MA.

Not sure if Goose Hummock on the Cape still carries it, but that is actually a little longer trip.

I live in New Bedford as well. I just ordered from Maine Powder House, as nobody on the Southcoast had real black powder. I was told a gun store in Warwick RI might have some, but it was unlikely. Other than that, there were some stores up in northern MA and New Hampshire that regularly carried BP. But for us down here on the Southcoast that would be a 6 hour total drive, and I thought it wouldn't be worth it and just ordered online

Hunters Rendezvous gun shop in Pepperell MA. owner is Sheldon Royal, he usually has plenty on hand, but expect to pay top dollar for it.

Maine Powder House.
I doubt anyone ships to MA. There AG threatened everyone years ago. I got the note from them in my shop so sales stopped on ammo and components.

I can see why the HR charges top dollar MA shooters should be happy to buy from them if they have any in stock it is not about saving money in that state.

I doubt anyone ships to MA. There AG threatened everyone years ago. I got the note from them in my shop so sales stopped on ammo and components.

I can see why the HR charges top dollar MA shooters should be happy to buy from them if they have any in stock it is not about saving money in that state.

No, the Maine Powder House is perfectly-willing to ship Black Powder to MA residents. I bought 5 lbs of powder from them last year with little more than my drivers license sent via email.

The Ancient Ones Of Maine bought some for our members from the Maine powder House. I believe their supply will be gone soon.
Nit Wit

Kittery trading post in Southern Maine has it on and off. It has been a few years since I bought it from there but to be honest I haven't even looked the most recent 2-3 times I made it up there.

That's why I was asking for. I have been giving thought to starting a business dealing with muzzleloaders but wasn't sure about having steady customers for it. I know my preferences but others may not feel the same.

Y'all think on it a give me a holler if you think it's a good idea or not. I live in New Bedford myself and don't exactly relish the idea of traveling very far to get what I want or need

Y'all think on it a give me a holler if you think it's a good idea or not. I live in New Bedford myself and don't exactly relish the idea of traveling very far to get what I want or need
My advice is buy it while the buying is good. Bulk is the way to go. John Smith recommends you have a lot of powder on hand when sailing over😂

That's why I was asking for. I have been giving thought to starting a business dealing with muzzleloaders but wasn't sure about having steady customers for it. I know my preferences but others may not feel the same.
I'm in Connecticut so wouldn't frequent a shop there often. But. I would stop by a couple times a year on my way to or from the Cape. I have a powder supply 40 minutes away instead of over two hours.

I was at kittery in mid dec. And they had no real powder on the shelf only Pyrodex etc. they did have balls and such.
There is a muzzleloading shop in pepperell Mass called hunters rendezvous. Never been but may be worth a call

I was at kittery in mid dec. And they had no real powder on the shelf only Pyrodex etc. they did have balls and such.
There is a muzzleloading shop in pepperell Mass called hunters rendezvous. Never been but may be worth a call
They can put real black powder on the shelf even if they have it. It must be kept in a magazine that meets federal standards. The places that stock it, like Autumn Gun Works and Trader John's Gunshop,,, you have to ask for it, they then go get what you request out of the magazine.

Latest posts

Back