• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Source Of French Flints

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you really want top-quality French stones, he is the only good knapper in France:

Flints Dutrieux (Curator stone museum in Meusnes) and Kevin Chartier :
The last address of mail I know is [email protected]
Can try here:
Musée de la pierre à fusil, 3, place Marguerite-Jourdain- Meunes. Phone: (33) 02.54.71.33.74

Kevin at work: https://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/loir-et-cher/commune/meusnes/le-silex-a-la-vie-dure

DUTRIEUX Rifle Stones

Standard quality :

1/2" - 11/12mm × 13/14mm - 0.99 $ piece
5/8" - 14/15mm x 17/18mm - 0.99 $ piece
3/4" - 17/18mm x 21/22mm - 1.19 $ piece
7/8" - 20/21mm x 24/25mm - 1.40 $ piece
1" - 24/25mm x 27/28mm - 1.50 $ piece
1"1/4 - 26/27mm x 31/32mm -1.70 $ piece

First quality:

N° 1 - 15x18mm - 1.70 $
N° 2 - 17x21mm - 2.50 $
N° 3 - 18x24mm - 3.00 $
N° 4 - 25x27mm - 3.50 $
N° 5 - 28x30mm - 4.00 $

For the purchase of 10 stones, 1 stone is offered, and the shipping costs remain at your charge.

That's what I use, I don't buy directly at Dutrieux but here:

- Silex Français
- Silex Anglais

Last edited:
This is of no help to you I am afraid but I got some of mine from around Meusnes, where French blonde flints are made, off the vineyards which used flint refuse as a mulch. Millions of them scattered over the fields. Not shaped of course but a careful search turns up ones which are similar to spall flints.
I sometimes do the same thing when I go to Valençay, and I find beautiful stones or others that need to be cut a bit to get the right size...

If you really want top-quality French stones, he is the only good knapper in France:

Flints Dutrieux (Curator stone museum in Meusnes) and Kevin Chartier :
The last address of mail I know is [email protected]

Kevin at work: https://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/loir-et-cher/commune/meusnes/le-silex-a-la-vie-dure

DUTRIEUX Rifle Stones

Standard quality :

1/2" - 11/12mm × 13/14mm - 0.99 $ piece
5/8" - 14/15mm x 17/18mm - 0.99 $ piece
3/4" - 17/18mm x 21/22mm - 1.19 $ piece
7/8" - 20/21mm x 24/25mm - 1.40 $ piece
1" - 24/25mm x 27/28mm - 1.50 $ piece
1"1/4 - 26/27mm x 31/32mm -1.70 $ piece

First quality:

N° 1 - 15x18mm - 1.70 $
N° 2 - 17x21mm - 2.50 $
N° 3 - 18x24mm - 3.00 $
N° 4 - 25x27mm - 3.50 $
N° 5 - 28x30mm - 4.00 $

For the purchase of 10 stones, 1 stone is offered, and the shipping costs remain at your charge.

That's what I use, I don't buy directly at Dutrieux but here:

- Silex Français
- Silex Anglais

Thank you, I'll shoot them an email.

Any recommendations for vest places to source french flints? In particular 3/4" and 7/8".

It's getting ridiculous here, the cheapest I can find any flints is $10 per flint. Guy that sells them pretty much has a monopoly on it now.
I have some French flints that were hand knapped in the 1700's. 6 for 20$ delivered. Semper Fi.

I tried contacting Kevin but didn't hear back, I tried sending another email today so I will see if that gets me anywhere.

Does anyone have a contact email for Heritage Products? I can't navigate their website to find one.

Still keen on getting some more french flints, particularly in the 7/8" size for my fusil. Poor girl is stuck with a black english between her jaws.

I tried contacting Kevin but didn't hear back, I tried sending another email today so I will see if that gets me anywhere.

Does anyone have a contact email for Heritage Products? I can't navigate their website to find one.

Still keen on getting some more french flints, particularly in the 7/8" size for my fusil. Poor girl is stuck with a black english between her jaws.
Here's their's ph number

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230207-181107_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230207-181107_Samsung Internet.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 0
I used to ship weekly to Australia a few years back. Not only are duties excessive on your end, there is a high likelihood your flints will never make it to you. Many sellers have experienced refusal of items when the customer does not pay the high duty, and the shipper doesn't get the items back, or the items are taken by customs. The only way I would ship to AU was if payment in full was received by me and the customer was willing to assume the risk and high duty with no refund given if things didn't work out.
French flints are close to $3 USD here in the states, so for you it might be best to pay what is needed locally. Good luck.
Amen, Bro. I used to sell and trade collectibles world wide. Shipping to Australia and Canada always gave problems. The buyer got stuck with the loss. I still will not ship to those countries.

I can't believe you guys are paying that much for flints. I used to buy a sack of 100 every time I went to friendship. That was some years ago. I'll never need to buy flints again

I can't believe you guys are paying that much for flints. I used to buy a sack of 100 every time I went to friendship. That was some years ago. I'll never need to buy flints again
I buy flints by the pound. I just ordered 10 pounds. Usually contains all sizes of both French and English. I'll let y'all know when they arrive. Semper Fi.

Back