• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Source for unwaxed lenin thread.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Dalton

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I am hoping one of you gentlemen or ladies can help me locate five cord unwaxed lenin thread. Waxes is available everywhere, but google is failing me. I am going to try the Al Stohlman tapering method, which requires unwaxed. Thanks for any help.

I am hoping one of you gentlemen or ladies can help me locate five cord unwaxed lenin thread. Waxes is available everywhere, but google is failing me. I am going to try the Al Stohlman tapering method, which requires unwaxed. Thanks for any help.

I don't know anything about these folks, but it seems they have what you need.

1645819823173.png

Leather Lacing and Stitching Supplies - Standing Bear's Trading post (sbearstradingpost.com)

Gus

I THINK the problem finding the thread on other sources is a combination of loss of workers/production due to Covid AND folks in lock down buying more to use to pass the time.

Gus

I will be waxing the thread after the needles are attached. There is a method for tapering the thread prior to attaching the needles that can't be done with waxed thread.

FWIW, I have NP putting waxed thread through my leatherworking needle's eye via flattening the end of the thread between my finger/thumb first (the thread may need to be slightly moistened between my lips)

Back