• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Source for molding scrapers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Recently I saw scrapers specifically for forming moldings on upper stock forends and lower sides of buttstocks. Not sure where I came across them, in a magazine, catalog, online, ?

Can anyone give me a lead on these tools?

Thanks!

I contour the design on single edged razorblades. A larger sweeping curve is done on a disk sander but mostly use a Dremel w/ grinding wheels to suit. The contour is then smoothed or resharpened w/ various grit stones......Fred

I will be the third along with Robby and rchas to say pieces of an old handsaw. Of course that requires a means of cutting and grinding to the required profile, but scrapers are the simplest tool you will ever make or use. I never hesitate to spend $5 to make a tool I can buy for $2. It’s all part of the adventure.
Dave

Almost any thin sheet spring steel will work even strap banding material clamped between two pices of wood to hold on to and shaped to your needed couture. As an assembler/maker of these muzzle loading guns you must have some metal/wood skills :dunno: :):rolleyes:

Back