• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

WANTED Source for long boxes for shipping muzzleloaders

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frod733

40 Cal
Reaction score
Good day all.
I hope this is not a violation of the rules. If so, please delete. But, I need to get a source of long narrow boxes for packing and shipping a couple of long arms. Trolling the dumpsters has not been successful.

Have any of you found a reasonably reliable source for obtaining thise?

Thanks!

Last time I had one shipped to me, the gentleman put a three-band long rifle in a box that was for blinds. It was like a double or triple-thick cardboard box. Nice and durable.

Probably won't help Frod733 but I have three of those nice double boxes from TOW in my attic if anyone in central Virgina needs.

Last time I had one shipped to me, the gentleman put a three-band long rifle in a box that was for blinds. It was like a double or triple-thick cardboard box. Nice and durable.
Thats what I used in the past. Hunter Blinds come in nice triple thick cardboard boxes about 5' long, 4"deep and 9" wide. Find a store that carries them, they are more than happy to get rid of the boxes.

Hunter blind boxes as suggested above, refrigerator boxes and such, the ones with the nice thick cardboard. With a hot glue gun and a sharp utility knife you can make a double wall box of any shape or size that even the USPS can't destroy.

I've done this mailing long guns to old tools, hand saws etc. . Thanks O.R

Good day all.
I hope this is not a violation of the rules. If so, please delete. But, I need to get a source of long narrow boxes for packing and shipping a couple of long arms. Trolling the dumpsters has not been successful.

Have any of you found a reasonably reliable source for obtaining thise?

Thanks!
I get mine from a shipping company in Kingston Ontario, they a re actually called gun boxes, good sturdy cardboard

Amazon carries regular rifle/shotgun boxes which I use. When I need a long one I splice 2 together, overlapping, with plenty of packing tape and have never had a problem. Yep, you lose part of a box but when you need another you've already got the add on waiting, cowrustler

Check your local stores that sell golf clubs, have used them plenty of times and easy access in most places, or you can ask any local store that sells guns, have gotten a few from there before to ship long items including guns.

I order U-Line 52x8x4 boxes in bundles of 15. Having been gradually selling off some milsurp rifles over the years, the cost per box is not bad.

For a longer muzzleloader, I've used two of the 52" boxes, sometimes cutting one a bit shorter and sliding it over the end of the other so you can customize the length. Also, the doubling helps add strength.

I buy 15 at a time from Uline, but I buy and sell lots of guns. I used to have luck at sporting good stores. Got boxes for golf clubs and the ones that gun cases came in. Make a contact and get an idea when their shipments come in. Also, gunshops often have boxes AND packing material piling up in back. Always glad to have someone take it off their hands.

Back