• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

source for lead

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know where there is a good source for lead?
My local plumbing supply house, I used to buy lead there for $2/lb., don't know what it is now. They would lop off any amount you wanted, big rounded 'bulbs' connected by thinner connectings, anyway, it is mostly selling to the trade but anyone could walk in and buy, try that, a wholesale plumbing supplier in your area.

Another vote for Rotometals, They will have sales sometimes if you sign up for an account.

When you buy lead from them you know your getting 100% lead with no impurities.

Strike up a deal with the local scrap yard. Told them I was interested in lead sheets, pipe and flashing. Depending on scrap price, how clean and how much quantity your buying...effects the price. Started out paying $.10 per pound years ago. Purchased some clean lead pipe on a roll for $.65 not too long ago.

I always bought from the local scrap/recycling place. But two years ago they stopped selling either lead or brass to the public. Luckily I still have a good supply from when they redid the local hospital x ray rooms.It just has a green glow to it!

Back