• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Source for large hard case?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This week I acquired a matchlock musket. This is larger than any other firearm I have handled.
I think that in order to protect the serpentine
20210227_181706.jpg
I want a hard case for it. This will be a lot bigger than I will find at Wal-Mart or Academy.
Do you know of a source for very large hard cases?
The weapon is 60.5 inches long, and as I measure it I need a case 10 inches wide to clear the serpentine. And 4 inches thick to clear the pan cover. (Internal dimensions.)

This week I acquired a matchlock musket. This is larger than any other firearm I have handled.
I think that in order to protect the serpentine View attachment 66480 I want a hard case for it. This will be a lot bigger than I will find at Wal-Mart or Academy.
Do you know of a source for very large hard cases?
The weapon is 60.5 inches long, and as I measure it I need a case 10 inches wide to clear the serpentine. And 4 inches thick to clear the pan cover. (Internal dimensions.)

They might be able to help.
Unique Cases

Unfortunatly their long case is onl;y 8" across. Great price though/. Thanks.
I've found a couple SKB cases but they're as much if not more than your matchlock costs..........
Plus contact Unique, I think they will also make custom cases for customers, they advertise on this forum.

And my case from Unique came promptly, too! Special made, wide enough for my match,ock, and the price was great for a special-made item. Soft sided, well padded with foam, with a side pocket. (I never did find an affordable hard sided case this big.)

Back