• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Source for cherry longrifle stock?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillKilgore

50 cal.
Reaction score
I am thinking about building a Lancaster-style longrifle with a cherry stock this winter. Any suggestions on a source for the wood? I would prefer a stock with the barrel and ramrod already inlet, but a plank would also work if I can get nice grain.

I have read through many of the discussions of stains, dyes, etc. I think I would like a slight red tint that does not obscure the grain.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Thank you, Gents. Both companies look interesting.

From what I have read, I think 1-2 teaspoons of lye in a pint of water followed by blushing with a heat gun, will give me the best color. I am looking for a rich, medium dark color with a bit of red. Does anybody have other recommendations?

Back