• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Source for bulk lead shot and bismuth shot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the reply. I’m sorry I wasn’t clear y’all. I’m looking for lead shot and bismuth shot. I’d love to find some bulk 7 1/2 lead shot. I also want some bismuth for waterfowl hunting.

I used to see 40 pound bags in the local sporting goods stores, but that’s no longer true.

Can someone save me a ton of time searching and recommend a source to buy bulk lead and/or bismuth shot?

The odds of finding any bulk bismuth shot is almost non-existant, especially at any kind of a real bargain price.
But maybe it’s out there.

Last edited:
Brownells has Eagle #6 shot in stock for $59.99 25 lbs. Best of all shipping to me is $8.50. They are pretty good at having the smaller shot in stock, but dove season is upon us. They also have the Lawrence brand in 7 1/2 shot, but it is $82.99 for a 25 lb bag.
Brownell's Eagle Brand Lead Shot

What sizes of Bismuth shot are you looking for? I make my own which is why I am asking. As for bulk lead shot look at Zip Metals, Precision Reloading, Ballistic Products, Roto Metals or just do a type search.

Can someone save me a ton of time searching and recommend a source to buy bulk lead and/or bismuth shot?
I shoot Trap, Skeet, and Sporting Clays and go through allot of shot, buying from the big box stores is pretty expensive, so I buy from a gun shop that caters to competition and club clays shooters, I can usually save up to 30% on Shot, primers, and powder, but usually if you do business with a shop on a regular basis as I and many of my friends do the shop owner will usually be accommodating and order what ever size shot you need and may even order some BP for you, however you will have to probably buy in bulk, shot comes in 25 lb. bags and there may be a minimum on powder as well.
It's worth a try.

Latest posts

Back