• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Source for black powder In S.E. Ohio

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As of last year, Jerry's Guns by lake Logan and Ohio valley both stopped carrying black powder due to costs, regulations and hassles. Vance's in Columbus carries it in all grades. I believe Vance's told me that Buckeye Outdoors near Newark carries real BP, as they are a satellite store of Vances. Vance's is now $18.00 a pound. The only other place I know that carries it is a gun store in Portsmouth. last year, he was still only $12.50 a pound. Capt. Cavedude .... we need to find 5 or 6 of us in or around Hocking County and split a case from Powder Inc. or Maine Powder house. It would only be about $11.00 or $12.00 a pound including the hazmat fee. I'm not against having a couple extra pounds of 2F on hand .....
Ohio Rusty

Not Ohio, but close! If you are ever close to Ashland, KY, Border's Sporting Goods has BP. It's on US Rt 60 just outside of the city.

thanks fellas. Buckeye out doors is probably the closest to me, about an hour away :shocked2: . I just got back into ML hunting this year after about 8 years slug-gunning. Last time I need black powder I just stopped in at ANY gun store I happened to be close to at the time. Isn't progress wunnerful :shake:

Josh

Rusty, depending what part of Hocking county you're in, Cain's in WVA (just outside of Parkersburg) is also an option. I can be there in about 1:45 from Logan. I just wanted to see if there was something closer

Josh

kentucky bucky said:
Not Ohio, but close! If you are ever close to Ashland, KY, Border's Sporting Goods has BP. It's on US Rt 60 just outside of the city.
I'm in S.E. Ohio, Ashland would be about 3 hours, but my paw-in-law lives in Cincinnati. Might have to take a detour next trip

Josh

You might want to call Buckeye Outdoors first and make sure before you make the trip. They used to carry real BP when they were at Buckeye Lake, but after they moved to Hebron, they said they didn't have a permit and didn't sound like they figured on bothering. I haven't checked for a year or two, so if you find they have it again, let us know. I've been driving up to Lodi to get mine at Log Cabin. Much more fun place to shop, but it would be nice to have a local source for emergencies.
Dave T.

I ran out to Buckeye Outdoors last night and came home with 2 pounds of 3f goex. $18.00 pound :shocked2: Also if you want a "fun place to shop" Cain's is just outside of Parkersburg WVA. Alot closer than Lodi

Josh

Cain's is a Great place to visit. Did you notice the fancy stocked Hatfield rifle on the wall ? Has to be the best looking Hatfield ever made....... just a real beauty of a rifle. Great people to deal with at Cain's Outdoors :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back