• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Sounds like a scam, please advise

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a reason people are using friends and family!! TO AVOID BIDENS TAX HIKES ON THE SMALL SELLER!! GAB has an alternative to PaylessPal>>>>GABPAY.
Mustang65,

My post was to warn of a ripoff that OP might have fallen for. When I fell for it they stalled shipping because I hadn't paid the Hazmat fee (which they didn't state on their website or checkout page) and an insurance fee of $100.00 (also not stated). I bargained down to a $10.00 insurance fee and was asked, again, to pay with PayPal friends and family but this time it had a different email address. Then they sent me a bogus UPS tracking number and when I went to UPS to find out why I hadn't received it they told me the bad news.

The upshot of this is that if it is too good to be true then beware. It is probably a ripoff. This outfit was not a SMALL SELLER but a ripoff artist and I hope that you statement does not encourage forum members to trust solely on the statement, "There's a reason people are using friends and family!! TO AVOID BIDENS TAX HIKES ON THE SMALL SELLER!!"

To all who read this post, please be aware that there are sites out there that will steal your hard earned dollars. Please pat attention and check out these guys before you put your money down. Sadly I tell this from personal experience.

Mustang65,

My post was to warn of a ripoff that OP might have fallen for. When I fell for it they stalled shipping because I hadn't paid the Hazmat fee (which they didn't state on their website or checkout page) and an insurance fee of $100.00 (also not stated). I bargained down to a $10.00 insurance fee and was asked, again, to pay with PayPal friends and family but this time it had a different email address. Then they sent me a bogus UPS tracking number and when I went to UPS to find out why I hadn't received it they told me the bad news.

The upshot of this is that if it is too good to be true then beware. It is probably a ripoff. This outfit was not a SMALL SELLER but a ripoff artist and I hope that you statement does not encourage forum members to trust solely on the statement, "There's a reason people are using friends and family!! TO AVOID BIDENS TAX HIKES ON THE SMALL SELLER!!"

To all who read this post, please be aware that there are sites out there that will steal your hard earned dollars. Please pat attention and check out these guys before you put your money down. Sadly I tell this from personal experience.
If you had to go through all the trouble that you went through, that should have been an immediate tip off. The $100 insurance fee was a definite sign that you were being scammed. In order for you to have to pay $100 Insurance fee, you would have had to order something for thousands of dollars! I don't know what you ordered, but you should have seen that from the very start. "My statement still stands." You can also be ripped off by a big box company.

If you had to go through all the trouble that you went through, that should have been an immediate tip off. The $100 insurance fee was a definite sign that you were being scammed. In order for you to have to pay $100 Insurance fee, you would have had to order something for thousands of dollars! I don't know what you ordered, but you should have seen that from the very start. "My statement still stands." You can also be ripped off by a big box company.
Not a day goes by when I don't regret my not seeing it up front. Again, my post was a warning to others. Any further discussion should be taken up in the other discussion forums.

Back