• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

sought - helping hand near Portsmouth, Hampshire

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
by the way,
is there someone from germany?
I have already discovered a kindred soul "enfield", and wonder over wonder he also dotes on Unterhammer pistols.
you have to go so far to find like-minded people in the neighbourhood.
I am desperately looking for a helping hand near Portsmouth, Hampshire, Great Britain, there is a Unterhammer pistol for sale from a late gunsmith named Geathead and my British neighbours are even more stupid than the German legislator when it comes to weapons.
They don't want to send this part by mail.

Is there anyone...

with smoke and fumes
joachim

by the way,
is there someone from germany?
I have already discovered a kindred soul "enfield", and wonder over wonder he also dotes on Unterhammer pistols.
you have to go so far to find like-minded people in the neighbourhood.
I am desperately looking for a helping hand near Portsmouth, Hampshire, Great Britain, there is a Unterhammer pistol for sale from a late gunsmith named Geathead and my British neighbours are even more stupid than the German legislator when it comes to weapons.
They don't want to send this part by mail.

Is there anyone...

with smoke and fumes
joachim

With the greatest respect, being RUDE is not the way to get things done.

Your British neighbours probably are aware that as a modern-made pistol Jim Greathead's muzzle-loading pistol (excellent target pistol!) is a LICENCEABLE FIREARM in the U.K. That means that there are R&Rs about transfer, and additional regs about export.
Whoever is transferring (selling?) it to you MUST follow these rules -- - and since the European Economic Commmunity (EEC) turned into the political entity called the European Union (EU) the EU had issued numbers of "directives" which we have to follow -- and many of them just make it harder for decent law-abiding people. That's why we are coming out of the EU .... to be frank, I could never see it becoming a "United States of Europe", which is what the French and German politicians seemed to want.

With the greatest respect, being RUDE is not the way to get things done.

Your British neighbours probably are aware that as a modern-made pistol Jim Greathead's muzzle-loading pistol (excellent target pistol!) is a LICENCEABLE FIREARM in the U.K. That means that there are R&Rs about transfer, and additional regs about export.
Whoever is transferring (selling?) it to you MUST follow these rules -- - and since the European Economic Commmunity (EEC) turned into the political entity called the European Union (EU) the EU had issued numbers of "directives" which we have to follow -- and many of them just make it harder for decent law-abiding people. That's why we are coming out of the EU .... to be frank, I could never see it becoming a "United States of Europe", which is what the French and German politicians seemed to want.

You're way off.
And I would never talk anyone into breaking the law.
And you just accused me of that.
Here's an extract from my correspondence with a British company that specializes in alleged exports.
And they ought to know the law.

Good Morning Mr Hopfner,

I do apologies, my colleague, who has been dealing with firearms a lot longer than me, has advised me this items does NOT need an Export Licence from the UK…

Even though it’s modern gun, it’s a replica of an old gun and therefore not controlled…

I still can’t send it with DHL and the like, but I can send by road…

If you give me the delivery area code then I can get a more definitive price…

Best Regards,

Michael McCloy

Operations Manager

PDQ Freight Ltd
- Established 1983 -

[email protected]
Direct: +44 (0) 1784 262655
Tel: +44 (0) 1784 243695
Fax: +44 (0) 1784 242237
http://www.pdq.uk.com

Proud Members of: LAPADA, BIFA, IATA, The Gun Trade Association & AIMSS.

With smoke and fumes
Joachim (caspar25)

At the risk of helping divert the OP into modern politics, the laws on licencing firearms in the UK has never been other than the subject of UK legislation passed in Parliament. Here in France a replica black powder muzzle loader (including percussion revolvers) are free to own and use as sporting arms provided that you are over 18, sane and have the money. Leaving the European Union (translate my bus sign) will make no change to UK gun law.

Your Freight chappie looks like he is trying his best to get the job done. I am no expert on UK gun export licences but I understand that the gun, privately owned in the UK, does need a gun licence so I am surprised that it is claimed that it does not need an export licence. The UK government need for an export licence is keeping as many guns as possible in the UK that would otherwise be exported. Perhaps the Home Office anticipates an invasion?

I occasionally buy via Holts Auctioneers and they have suitable arrangements to export items sold at their auctions and drive French purchases direct to their agent in France and there is an export licence to do so. Currently it costs @£75 for up to 3 guns and the agent will simply pop them in the normal French post at cost. So some have ways to do it under UK law. As to German requirements at the other end I cannot comment. Again it is up the German law. There is no EU law on the matter.

Of COURSE it needs an Export Licence -- even IF it is considered a replica it is post 1939 and is therefore a Section 1 Firearm under UK Law. (I would have thought that PDQ would have known that -- )

BTW, who has accused ANYONE?
To quote ... And I would never talk anyone into breaking the law.
And you just accused me of that.

All that happenned was that the current legal situation was referred to.
Please calm down, Herr Hopfner -- - smoke and fumes are not conducive to good scores on the target ;-)

Jimhallam knows what he is saying.
As a UK Police officer of 30 years i will state that he is right, a replica firearm is a firearm and is controlled. For correct information and current rules cut out the middle men and contact the local police firearms department of the county you wish the item shipped from.
Best of luck in your endeavour.

Latest posts

Back