• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sort of a hunting photo combo

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Went deer hunting this morning with my poor boy .45 flintier. No luck on the deer but good prospects for spring turkey season.
My wife is an experienced wildlife life photographer and sometimes comes with me when I hunt.
She took these photos of a hen and two jakes while we were sitting in the stand.
The hen was early and the light wasn't that good it was about 30 yds away.
The two jakes came in later and were about 90 yards but the sun was up and they came hen.jpg
jakes and hen.jpg
jakes.jpg
yep.jpg
out better.

She told me that at 90 yds it's hard to get the kind of shot she would like even with a 600mm lens, her goal is always to get the glint in the eye of her subjects.

She does hunt we me sometimes and is a pretty good shot but much prefers a camera to a firearm, she says it more challenging to get it right.
Maybe she's correct back in the day any of those birds would have been within the range of my .45 out in the open like that and they would only have been supper....;)

Latest posts

Back