• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Sooo new to muzzle loaders

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Everyone

I've been a gun enthusiast for a long time but was never into Black powder/muzzle loading but with things the way there are in todays world I thought I should expand my horizons. So I don’t own any muzzle loader yet but I’m looking. I do want to look at traditional style like a Kentucky or Hawkins style rifles and perhaps some black powder pistols along the lines of the Colt 1851 Navy or 1861 Army. So bear with me as I plod through and try to figure out what I’m doing.
Looks like a great site and I hope to spend a lot of time here. Thanks for having me.

Rex

Take a look at these rifles we build at: Green River Rifle Works Collectors Association 2021 - come join the fun of shooting black powder.

Hello Everyone

I've been a gun enthusiast for a long time but was never into Black powder/muzzle loading but with things the way there are in todays world I thought I should expand my horizons. So I don’t own any muzzle loader yet but I’m looking. I do want to look at traditional style like a Kentucky or Hawkins style rifles and perhaps some black powder pistols along the lines of the Colt 1851 Navy or 1861 Army. So bear with me as I plod through and try to figure out what I’m doing.
Looks like a great site and I hope to spend a lot of time here. Thanks for having me.

Rex
Find a club, attend a few shoots, talk and look interested; you will usually be offered the chance to try a few shots, hopefully with different guns. Read a couple of books. Pay attention to what you are told, and use that experience and info to make your decision on what to buy, and how you will proceed in the sport. Welcome to the community!

Glad to see you here, oncewas! I kind grew up around old guns, made my own mostly because I wanted to. Enjoyed an 1860 Colt revolver at 100 yards shooting at a rock. Prettty sure that rock was scared.

welcome from AZ. Order some caps and black powder now . By the time you decide on what gun you want and order it you’ll have supplies to shoot it.

Back