• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Something Large

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Commodore Swab

Blunderbuss Builder
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
A long time ago I took one of the last pieced of bronze shaft and machined a barrel. It has been sitting without a home for a long time.
IMG_20141213_072113.jpg

While building a Spanish carbine for a friend I accidentally set the top jaw down in the shop and couldn't find it. While on a time constraint rather than order just a replacement I ordered another complete lock set knowing eventually it would show up.
IMG_20180523_145637311.jpg

The missing part did turn up, almost a year later leaving me with a then complete parts set. Well I've decided to do a little build or at least get a head start on this project. I give you "The Espignol" a massive 1 inch bore Spanish (Catalan, northern region of Spain) blunderbuss.
20200208_153527.jpg
20200208_153559.jpg

Attachments

• 20200208_153538.jpg
    20200208_153538.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 47
I still need to sand on the wood, i'm hoping the sawdust is at least 4 pounds although I know its not going to happen. As far as powder for blank firing an ounce.

OK, an ounce for blanks. What would you suggest for elephants? I really like your work, by the way.

....for elephants I suggest PEANUTS, unless your insurance is paid up and you have picked out a nice casket for your remains to be buried in...No open casket please !!! ;)

For fowl, I bet a 2 oz square load would be fun...if the total weight is over 10 pounds.

A long time ago I took one of the last pieced of bronze shaft and machined a barrel. It has been sitting without a home for a long time.
View attachment 23738
While building a Spanish carbine for a friend I accidentally set the top jaw down in the shop and couldn't find it. While on a time constraint rather than order just a replacement I ordered another complete lock set knowing eventually it would show up. View attachment 23737

The missing part did turn up, almost a year later leaving me with a then complete parts set. Well I've decided to do a little build or at least get a head start on this project. I give you "The Espignol" a massive 1 inch bore Spanish (Catalan, northern region of Spain) blunderbuss.View attachment 23739 View attachment 23740
Am looking for Grenadier's address which I seen to have erased or lost or whatever.
Grenadier please concoct Dutch Schoultz

Most embarrassed
Dutch

Back