• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Something completely different...!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BCarp

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Dog-lock blunderbuss, India-made, refinished and "de-farbed", and a swivel mount added. Will be mounted on the front of my boat for use at reenactment events with a water-borne element. (I expect the usual comments about flintlocks from the Asian subcontinent, but this thing sparks like crazy and goes off every time...without exploding, ha-ha!)

Attachments

• Brian buss.jpg
    Brian buss.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 142
  • 20210821_175746.jpg
    20210821_175746.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 158
  • 20210821_175927.jpg
    20210821_175927.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 145
Dog-lock blunderbuss, India-made, refinished and "de-farbed", and a swivel mount added. Will be mounted on the front of my boat for use at reenactment events with a water-borne element. (I expect the usual comments about flintlocks from the Asian subcontinent, but this thing sparks like crazy and goes off every time...without exploding, ha-ha!)
Love it from what I've seen those India smoothbores are fine shooters.

NICE! So did you purchase the lock separately or did it come on the stock/furniture and you refinished or de-farbed all of it?

(Quint should’ve had that setup on his boat ‘Orca’. May that would’ve worked better than barrels in catching sharks? Sorry…couldn’t help it)

NICE! So did you purchase the lock separately or did it come on the stock/furniture and you refinished or de-farbed all of it?

(Quint should’ve had that setup on his boat ‘Orca’. May that would’ve worked better than barrels in catching sharks? Sorry…couldn’t help it)
It's one of these, with a .69 caliber, 18" bbl:
https://www.militaryheritage.com/musket24.htm

Back