• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Something A Little Different

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A buddy gave me a little billet of damascus so I figured I would try and make something for my brother from it. First time Ive ever worked with the stuff and probably wont mess with it anymore. Just thought Id try to get some constructive criticism from you fellas on it. Thanks for looking. Ended up 3/16” thick with a 6-1/2” blade and 4-1/2” antler base and poured pewter bolster. Thanks for looking!!

Attachments

• AE2630CD-5CD3-4A15-999F-F3C2FD212B73.jpeg
    AE2630CD-5CD3-4A15-999F-F3C2FD212B73.jpeg
    111.8 KB · Views: 3
  • DCB94A2E-882F-42C0-9F80-18C48540712B.jpeg
    DCB94A2E-882F-42C0-9F80-18C48540712B.jpeg
    114.3 KB · Views: 0
Thank you! I dont know really, just seemed to act up a little. As I got it from a buddy, I didnt know the makeup of it so the heat treatment was more or less a guess. If I do more I will know before I buy it so I can feel better about working it. It turned out as sharp as any other knife I make and it should do its intended job.

Back