• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Some would say that I'm older than dirt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fltaft

32 Cal
Reaction score
Yesterday I decided that nobody was going to return my missing original Brown Bess (after 25 years) so, if I wanted to make some smoke and fire, I'd better get off my phat ash and get a replacement. I've ordered a Pendersoli 1763 Leger Charleville. My house was built in 1749 and the Bess was part of the house furnishings. I've got some experience with cap and ball pistols and I have my great uncle's .44-77 Remington #1 (unfortunately, not a Hepburn) and a few other goodies in my safe. This is my first wandering into any kind of forum, so please excuse me if I stumble around before I get my sea legs. I will also be asking a lot of questions about smooth bore shooting. Well ,that's all I've got for now. HOWDY, HELLO, GLAD TO MEET YOU!

Howdy Nit Wit, Where abouts in Maine? I hale from Georgetown (mid-coast). Spent 20+ years as a tinknocker at the yard building destroyers. Always fascinated with flintlocks but never yet got to shoot one. Hoping my Pedersoli arrives soon so that I may rectify that and that the war department doesn't find out how much I spent on it! (She won't mind because I sold a boat that we weren't using anymore and she's a great person too boot!)

Welcome from Virginia. Building a Pedersoli Charlesville myself at this time. Curious to hear your build experience. Should be a bit easier than putting together a DDG!

Back