• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Some Stone Knives

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've dabbled in both knapping and pecking/grinding - lots of work indeed. Still have a scar up the back of my right thumb from a flake I was knapping...
Don't want to highjack Pete's post but may be interesting if someone would start a post on knapping nightmares. I don't think many people could get as good as Pete without a box or two of bandaids.

Watching the world-class knappers at the Glass Buttes Knap-In, I was always amazed they didn't bleed more, as several knapped with bare hands -- not even leather palm pads. Actually, the larger risk over time is silicosis from inhaling those incredibly fine and sharp silicate particles.

Back