• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Some of my Swords and Blades

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbwilliams3

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Some knives and hunting swords. Top sword is a custom antler handled hunting sword with a short, 17-inch or so blade with a baldric I made. I made the baldric for the brass hilted sword below it. The sword is from Godwin. The bottom sword is from At the Royal Sword. Antler handled knife is by Kyle Willyard of Old Dominion Forge as is the bone handled pistol grip knife and the small axe. The folder is by Scott Summerville (copied from an original) and the two scalpers are by Ken Hamilton copied from extant 18th century Sheffield butcher knives. Blades of this type are found all over the place in the archeological record and were traded by the thousands to natives and colonists alike. Morgan's riflemen likely had butchers of this type in their belts on the way to Boston in 1775.
5.jpg
4.jpg
2.jpg

An exceptionally fine collection and nice work on your part too. Yes, it's far more likely Morgan's 96 had butcher knives of one form or another rather than the "rifleman's knife" we all had to have back in the '70s.

An exceptionally fine collection and nice work on your part too. Yes, it's far more likely Morgan's 96 had butcher knives of one form or another rather than the "rifleman's knife" we all had to have back in the '70s.
I agree and I still love antler handled knives!

Heaven only knows how many hand forged blades made by the local smith adorned the sides of American warriors back in the day. Good forged carbon steel with a good temper is hard to beat. I personally have friends who were Navy SEALS, Marines, and soldiers of fortune who swear by modern smiths' knives, I bet it was the same in old times. Ask a man who bets his azz on one. You have a beautiful collection, Mr. Williams.

Back