• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Some new project photos for approval?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Two Feathers

62 Cal.
MLF Sponsor
Reaction score
Hey guys:
Two Feathers here. I just finished this a few hours ago. It's a copy of a circa. 1750+ Hudson's Bay trade knife complete with 6 brass pins and curly Maple handle.
It's not a fancy knife with contoured handle and all it's just a plain old trade knife copy, made to be used.
Please let me know what you think. Is it worth making a sheath for and listing?
Thank you.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Attachments

• 1750-1790 Hudson's Bay Trade knife 001.JPG
    1750-1790 Hudson's Bay Trade knife 001.JPG
    189 KB · Views: 210
  • 1750-1790 Hudson's Bay Trade knife 002.JPG
    1750-1790 Hudson's Bay Trade knife 002.JPG
    187.8 KB · Views: 214
Oh another dandy there Two Feathers!!! Maybe try a different sheath on this one, surprise us! I can’t wait to see what you do for that stunning creation. Hats off to you again sir, nice work!

Oh another dandy there Two Feathers!!! Maybe try a different sheath on this one, surprise us! I can’t wait to see what you do for that stunning creation. Hats off to you again sir, nice work!
Mdl94:
Thank you. I like switching it up. My only concern is, people NOT wanting something different than my usual sheath.
I'll give your suggestion some serious thought, thanks.
God bless:
Two Feathers

I like,
Screenshot_20210908-231833_Chrome.jpg
This,,, or,,, that is, the lack of a "this" there. Pretty sure you know what I mean as it's been brought up before.

Just curious, as HBC is way beyond my area of study, what maker did they contract with to get their trade knives from? Do you have pics or info of/on the one you copied?

This one looks sharp and particularly "pokey" (maybe that's cause I got careless and poked my finger earlier this evening, lol)

Very nice as they all are! Not criticizing your sheaths they look fantastic but I have always liked gold riveted sheaths myself for mountain man style knives rather than laced or stitched,especially on the larger bladed knives.You do fabulous work and I like the style of knives that you make and I always look forward to seeing what you will create next. Have a great day.

Hey guys:
Two Feathers here. I just finished this a few hours ago. It's a copy of a circa. 1750+ Hudson's Bay trade knife complete with 6 brass pins and curly Maple handle.
It's not a fancy knife with contoured handle and all it's just a plain old trade knife copy, made to be used.
Thank you.
God bless:
Two Feathers
Nice looking blade! I have thought of trying my hand at knife making but never got around to it? Your knife looks like a knife should look.

I like,
View attachment 93408
This,,, or,,, that is, the lack of a "this" there. Pretty sure you know what I mean as it's been brought up before.

Just curious, as HBC is way beyond my area of study, what maker did they contract with to get their trade knives from? Do you have pics or info of/on the one you copied?

This one looks sharp and particularly "pokey" (maybe that's cause I got careless and poked my finger earlier this evening, lol)
Brokennock:
Thank you, but no, I'm not sure WHAT you mean by a this, or lack of a this? I'm old. my brain is shot.
The cutting edge does NOT extend to the absolute rear end of the blade, so I doubt that you'd "poke" or cut yourself with it? The makers for Hudson's Bay Co. were Jukes Coulson (the earliest); Jukes, Coulson, Stokes: Unwin; Unwin and Rogers; and Wostenholm (the latest) These listings are from "The Museum of the Fur Trade."
As for the one I copied. I scaled it from a picture posted by TOTW. TOTW is probably not the most reliable source, but I figured they did their research so I used them for my purposes. I hope (but doubt) that this is sufficient to answer your comments/questions?
God bless:
Two Feathers

Nice looking blade! I have thought of trying my hand at knife making but never got around to it? Your knife looks like a knife should look.
LME:
Thank you very much I appreciate your comment. I try to produce what I would use, and still make it look like what I think a MM from the 18th. or 19th. century would like.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Very nice as they all are! Not criticizing your sheaths they look fantastic but I have always liked gold riveted sheaths myself for mountain man style knives rather than laced or stitched,especially on the larger bladed knives.You do fabulous work and I like the style of knives that you make and I always look forward to seeing what you will create next. Have a great day.
Mountain Smoke:
Thank ya.' for your input buddy. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "Gold rivets"? Did you mean Copper rivets and burrs. Like the 2 on this sheath? That's an idea, thanks. :ThankYou::thumb:
Stay safe my friend.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Attachments

• thumbnail (443).jpg
    thumbnail (443).jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 47
The knife looks great Two Feathers.
Have you ever made a sheath with 2 loops in it? So it would go on a modern belt rather than in a sash?
Michiganmuzzy:
Howdy again. Do you mean like this? Yup... This is one I made for a buddy's custom knife. When it was finished, it had leg ties on it. That's why the little tab is on the tip of the sheath. The knife is HUGE!!! Designing a sheath to work with the shape was a nightmare; but I love a good challenge.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Attachments

• thumbnail (179).jpg
    thumbnail (179).jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 53
  • thumbnail (180).jpg
    thumbnail (180).jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 56
  • thumbnail (181).jpg
    thumbnail (181).jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 58
  • thumbnail (183).jpg
    thumbnail (183).jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 58
  • thumbnail (188).jpg
    thumbnail (188).jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 58
Hey guys:
Thank you.
God bless:
Two Feathers
It's really nice! Someone will snap up real fast!

Back