• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD SOLD......Original NY halfstock percussion rifle, .35 caliber

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GANGGREEN

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I know very little about this rifle other than what I've been told and have been unable to confirm. I believe that it's an original, mid-19th century NY halfstock rifle in percussion. The muzzle mic's out to .35. It's a Goulcher lock which is stamped W. Smith & Co. and which has some engraving that's still visible. The lock and triggers work flawlessly. The gun is not in original condition, it's clearly been refurbished and it was done very well. The bore is clean, the outside of the barrel is smooth, wood is very nice with no noticeable cracks or issues. The only thing "wrong" with it is that it appears to have had a German silver tang added sometime after the fact, which to my eyes looks a bit different, but otherwise the condition of the rifle is remarkable. I never got around to shooting it, but I don't see why you couldn't use this as a regular shooter based on the condition.

I've tried to sell this rifle before for slightly higher prices and was honestly a bit shocked that it wasn't immediately purchased, but for whatever reason it didn't sell and I'm dropping the price to $700 delivered to CONUS in a wooden shipping crate. Shipping costs are through the moon (not to mention the cost of luan for the crate), so if anyone lives close enough to meet me for pickup, I'd sell it for $625 that way.

Original1.jpgOriginal2.jpgOriginal3.jpgOriginal4.jpgOriginal5.jpgOriginal6.jpgOriginal7.jpg

Barrel length is 34". I think the weight is around 7 pounds, but I'll confirm this afternoon and let you know. I don't have a bore light, but at the muzzle, the rifling appears perfect and bore is smooth. I've run patches down it and it feels as smooth as a baby's butt.

Thank you, I agree with your concern on shipping costs. I would like to make you an offer on picking up in person, can you PM me? I am not sure how to do that as I am new to the forum.

Thanks,

Thank you, I agree with your concern on shipping costs. I would like to make you an offer on picking up in person, can you PM me? I am not sure how to do that as I am new to the forum.

Thanks,

OK, message has been sent. You should have an envelope icon at the top of your screen and it will have an alert that you've received a message, just click on the icon and you'll be able to respond to me.

This rifle is sold pending funds and pick up. I'm going to leave it listed until I do receive the funds though, because the arrangements can't be made for a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back