Software upgrade coming today or tomorrow

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Baxter

54 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I like it. Some of the colors are intense, but not annoying. Script seems easier for me to read - do like that; might just be a "contrast" issue but I do like it. Thanks Angie!

Grumpa

58 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
"What's New" at top left brings up all the latest posts. Just took a little exploring on my part, and that way they don't interfere with the full screen view of the Forum. Quickly getting used to the changes...and doing the avatar was easy as pie...took less than a minute, including finding the photo in my files. I am happy.
Also, just changing the angle of tilt on the screen helps some with the bright white.

Richard/Grumpa

Carbon 6

70 Cal.
Reaction score
Seems Things have improved. The contrast is much better, darker.
Doesn't seem to be giving me an immediate headache, any more.
I think this might be tolerable. Thank you.

S.Kenton

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Ok, everything looks good thus far, except I used to be able to see the latest threads on the right hand side of the topic ....now I can’t. Is there a setting I can change to alter it? Other than that ... all is good! Thanks

Zonie

Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I found a choice under the word "Forums" in the bright orange bar at the top of the screen that says, "New Posts".
When I poked it, the screen changed to a page full of posts starting with one that was posted 3 minutes ago and showing posts that had been made up to 3 hours ago.

I don't know that it is the same listing that you were getting on the old system but it might get you started. :)

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
There are new posts showing in the Right side of screen. If you have right side turned off you will not see them.
You can use the New Posts, that will show the new posts that are not of your making. If you choose recent posts, it will show all made recently.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I'm working on getting an alternate color scheme available for those that have a hard time with this scheme. We hope to have one new color scheme you can pick soon. It will be similar to this one, but probably less sharp contrast of colors.

hinamanra

Big Bore
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Way to much conflicting color and the contrast is too high. It's uncomfortable to look at. The text also seems to be harder to follow, I don't know if the texts has changed or if it's just harder to read on the new format. I can probably live with the way the tabs are organized, but definitely not the aforementioned items. It makes me very sad that I wont be able to come back, it's just too hard on the eyes.
That's not too bad, The text is a little sharp. It gives a little blur with the white background. I tried the different fonts and colors to see if anything would be better, but all the fonts just look thin. Bold shows up really well on the white.

Zonie

Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I think the Font choice changes the way the type looks when you type it. Not when you look at it.

I typed this with all of the fonts that were available without changing the font size.
The main difference I see is the amount of cramming together the letters in the words I typed
look.

This line is typed in Arial.
This line is typed in Book Antiqua.
This line is typed in Courier New.

This line is typed in Georgia font
This line is typed in Tahoma font.
This line is typed in Times New Roman.
This line is typed in Trebuchet MS
This line is typed in Verdana.

If I had to choose between them I would use the Verdana. I think it is the easiest to read.

To pick one of them, when you are replying to something or posting something new go up to the heading above the writing area.
Pick on the thing that says "A".
Click on the type of typeface you want. After you do this, everything you write on the forum will use that typeface you have selected.

Next to the typeface selection, you will see the letter with a T + a up/down arrow. That sets the size of the type your writing will be.
I'm typing this using 15 because I think it is big enough to read easily but it doesn't look like I'm yelling.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Group Builder