Software upgrade coming today or tomorrow

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Just wanted to let you know that the forum software will be upgrading later today or tomorrow. It is expected to be down about 2 hours, but MIGHT take longer.

When it comes back it will look sharper. You will be able to use your regular login/password. If it does not work the first time. Give it an hour and try again. I have to make some changes once I can get back on. They effect your ability to stay logged in.

Also, the Opt out of ads will be turned on as quickly as I can. You will go to your name (what is now the little man icon) and get User Control Panel. Go to preferences. Down on it will be opt out. If you don't see it, give me a few minutes, it is one of the first two things I enable.

I am not positive exactly when it will happen, but I wanted to let you know it will be soon.
Angie

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Double check the back-up!

(A site I used to spend a lot of time on found out that the database back-up was corrupted when they did a software update. Hilarity did not ensue.)
Thanks for that reminder. Our developer usually does something such as that first. He's done the transfers from whatever type of forum s/w to XF 1.5 and now this upgrade. I remember this site was on some very old software and he made it happen.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I hope I can stay logged in. I don't know my own password.
If you cannot log in and have forgotten your password go to the bottom right corner of page and use Contact Us.
upload_2020-3-19_16-46-25.png

That gives me an email of your issue and I can fix it up for you pretty quickly. I'll help get you through this.

Boston Bill

36 Cl.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
If you cannot log in and have forgotten your password go to the bottom right corner of page and use Contact Us.
View attachment 26610

That gives me an email of your issue and I can fix it up for you pretty quickly. I'll help get you through this.
Hi, A little off of this subject. I can't figure out how to start a new thread? Do you have to be a supporter for that? Thank you, BB

Zonie

Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi, A little off of this subject. I can't figure out how to start a new thread? Do you have to be a supporter for that? Thank you, BB
To start a new thread, first be sure you are in the right area of the forum. Like Smoothbore, Flintlock, Clothing and so on.

After you get into one of these sub-forums look up towards the upper right hand area of the screen. You should see a orange button that says "Post New Thread". Click on it.

That will open a new screen called "Create Thread".

On this new screen you will see a area that says Thread Title. You MUST put a title or name into that box.

After giving your new thread a new title, go to the area just below that title line and start typing.
If you want to add a little face somewhere in your post, click on the little image of a smily face. That will open some choices. If you like one, click on it and the computer will put it in right where you stopped typing like this :) .

After you've finished writing your post, go to the area right below where you were typing and look for a blue button called, "Create Thread". Poke it and ZAP! your new thread is posted.

You have 15 minutes to go back into your post to correct or change what you've said. To do this, poke the "Edit" button right below your new thread. After the time limit has passed, you cannot edit your thread.

Hope this helps you and the others who were wondering the same thing. :thumb:

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
To start a new thread, first be sure you are in the right area of the forum. Like Smoothbore, Flintlock, Clothing and so on.

After you get into one of these sub-forums look up towards the upper right hand area of the screen. You should see a orange button that says "Post New Thread". Click on it.

That will open a new screen called "Create Thread".

On this new screen you will see a area that says Thread Title. You MUST put a title or name into that box.

After giving your new thread a new title, go to the area just below that title line and start typing.
If you want to add a little face somewhere in your post, click on the little image of a smily face. That will open some choices. If you like one, click on it and the computer will put it in right where you stopped typing like this :) .

After you've finished writing your post, go to the area right below where you were typing and look for a blue button called, "Create Thread". Poke it and ZAP! your new thread is posted.

You have 15 minutes to go back into your post to correct or change what you've said. To do this, poke the "Edit" button right below your new thread. After the time limit has passed, you cannot edit your thread.

Hope this helps you and the others who were wondering the same thing. :thumb:
Very good instructions! Thanks.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Gentlemen - so far no upgrade. Seems something came up and then the weekend. But it should be soon. So, remember don't get too upset when you see the maintenance notice and you're not able to get on the site. Wait at least 2 hours and try again.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I just received a message from developer saying the forum will be down for upgrade some time today.

1950DAVE

32 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Angie is this narrow column layout how the forum will be. Reminds me of the new " clear type" phone book several years ago. I for one don't like the way it appears. Can I format it to fill the screen as it did before?
Dave

1950DAVE

32 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry , Angie, everything now seems as it was. Whew, when you get older change doesn't come easy. Thanks for your hard work. This is maybe the best forum I have been a member of.
Dave

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Thank you for liking it. And change does take a bit of getting use to.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
If you have the forum bookmarked in your favorites. And you are now in the new version. Bookmark this version and delete the old bookmark. It will make getting to this new version easier the first days.

Latest posts

Group Builder