• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Social distancing and turkey hunting

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skychief

69 Cal.
Reaction score
0FBA7324-C687-412C-871A-5E884EF23570.jpeg
Thinking that the toms best follow the social distancing guidelines in a few days...

Good luck guys and be safe!

Best regards, Skychief.

Pato, yes that's a pretty crowded mob there!

Good eye Phill. It's my New Englander. Had it out today for a few shots. Planning to take it hunting this week as I can handle it almost like a long handgun, compared to my fowler with its longer barrel. I shot it today from a sitting position with the stock on top of my knee. Pushing it forward, I shot with my left hand gripping the butt plate, inches in front of my chin. Trying to protect my retina by avoiding the jarring of recoil the light gun makes. Completely unorthodox but I think I can make it work and by gosh, I'll be after Ol Tommy Three-Toes with a Muzzleloader again.....just as it should be!

Hey jrm! This was the last shot of the day. I'd taken a few shots using the Skychief load beforehand. Took this shot at 15 paces, hoping that will be about where I'll find a gobbler beating up on my jake dummy (if he reads the script!). This last shot was 70 grains of 1f (broke the 1f out to dampen some recoil), 4 thin cards, an ounce of 6's, and another thin card. Just a simple square load with one type of card. Did I read somewhere that you won't be able to turkey hunt this year?

Good luck all and stay safe!

Best regards, Skychief.

Hey jrm! Did I read somewhere that you won't be able to turkey hunt this year?

Good luck all and stay safe!

Best regards, Skychief.

You heard right! Turkey tags in NV are a draw. And traveling out of state like I normally do is a tad risky at this point. Too many big cities to try and bypass!

Good on you for figuring out how to make it happen for you !! Good luck Friend!

Back