• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

So which style of tomahawk ear do you prefer ??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Do you like the rounded or the pointed ear look at the bottom of the tomahawk eye ?? (My crappy camera won't focus up close.... i.e. the fuzziness)
Ohuo Rusty ><>

Attachments

• ears.JPG
    ears.JPG
    784.8 KB · Views: 2
for looks pointed, for function I'll take the beefier rounded. Personally I like a Viking bearded axe but I think that's a little pre-forum.

Well for the fantasy spike-axe head I'm seeing in the photo, the pointed one would be my choice.
You get that neither are tomahawks,,right?

Well for the fantasy spike-axe head I'm seeing in the photo, the pointed one would be my choice.
You get that neither are tomahawks,,right?
Curious to know why you believe that neither are tomahawks ?? Not all tomahawks had a pipe bowl. In fact, I don't think that the pipe tomahawk was ever carried by white men as a belt axe. They was an indian trade item. Both spike hawks and hammer poll hawks were common in 18th century history. Spike hawks have been excavated in 18th century indian villages.
Ohio Rusty ><>

Well, I guess I look at the early trade items that became known as "tomahawk", in let's say the first 100yrs of white Europeans influence on Native Americans from which the word is derived.
The basic axe and half-axe,, the spikes and poll that you mention come later,,
Now I don't want to dicker the "exact" nor "historical" preponderances in this section of the forum at all.
But the point of the your question is two choices of "what do you prefer". The choices are of two spike hawks, I don't see a tomahawk to choose from?
Your words,,
:dunno:

Back