• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

So what does $950 plus shipping buy you?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Commodore Swab

Blunderbuss Builder
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Fresh in from The Rifle Shoppe http://therifleshoppe.com/catalog_pages/french_carbines/(630).htm
I thought some might like to see just what you do "get"

IMG_5255.jpg

IMG_5257.jpg

The lock and springs are cast, lock screws are blanks so be prepared to cut your own threads. On this piece the only marking on the lockplate is for the tumbler. On others there are additional holes located.

IMG_5256.jpg

All the parts come in nice bags (I think they may own stock in ziplock) and there is a parts list. Other than that it is assumed you know where everything goes.

IMG_5260.jpg

IMG_5258.jpg

Don't be surprised if it takes multiple boxes to ship.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get us some as you build pics if its not to much trouble. Love them kind of threads :thumbsup: As for me I used to try to do business with TRS but I never could get them to answer my many phone calls or very numerous emails :shake:

oooooohh, SHINEY!!! that's one really nice looking stock you have there ...

send more photos as the build progresses ... pictures - we love pictures!!

No plans to build this one, ordered the kit for a friend. I typically order more odd parts from them rather than the complete kit.

Longer than I expected, 4-6 weeks. Longer as it was one they had "in stock" and was ready to go out that Friday. It was part of a larger order I had but was some of the last parts shipped.

Any time, I feel TRS is something most dream about and actually seeing what you get might help some determine if their dreams have been bliss or nightmares.

Commodore Swab said:
Its how they ship their barrels

And they probably should send that way. I ordered a barrel on ebay and someone sent it USPS in one of their triangle shaped boxes. They didn't pack very well and the box was broken almost in two pieces. Fortunately the barrel was still there and undamaged.

It sure looks like you bought yourself a pile of WORK!! The most intimidating thing for me anyway is the lock. I have yet to learn how to build a decent lock from parts.

I should probably rephrase that last statement. I have become very spoiled using already assembled locks from Chambers, Davis, L&R, and know how to proper tune and customize a bit.

So, I would end up sending that lock parts set out to an expert for proper assembly.

Same here. I have tried repeatably to contact them for some spare lock parts and have given up. They are on my list of vendors to avoid at all costs.

Gee, for another $25, you could get a Dutch trade gun from Leonard Day, and it would be all put together! :grin: Of course, at the end of the day, that would be worth $975, while the boxes of parts could be worth $2,000 - $6,000 by the time you're done - or in my case, more likely $75 - $300.

I am a machinist, but that box of parts should have come with a disclaimer "May be hazardous to your mental health." :doh:

Latest posts

Back