• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

So---Now it's mine

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwanShot

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Pedersoli Kentucky .54.
Arrived bran new and in need of work. The trigger was so heavy I damn near couldn't pull it. Sights so far above the bore line they looked silly.

Ok. so, I've polished the entire lock works, lightened, by bending, the trigger spring, lightened the fizzen spring a bit, filed down those bloody great big sights and then started on the stock. I didn't like the plastic finish that Pedersoli use so I stripped it all off with an inleting scraper. then fitted a wedge (soldered the lug) because the whole forend was held on one tiny screw that also locked the nose cap in place.
Finished it with tung oil mixed with red resin, walnut colouring and turps. Worked it with 600 grit paper and the oil, leaving it 24 to 48 hrs between applications. Did four coats like that then finished with furniture wax.
I left it dull because I like that "this is a working gun" look.
It came to me as a brand spanking new Pedersoli pistol. Now it's MY pistol.
Still doesn't shoot very well, but I'm working on that.

Attachments

• IMG_3305xxsmll.jpg
    IMG_3305xxsmll.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3310xxsmll.jpg
    IMG_3310xxsmll.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 0
Back